• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Hunt For Gollum

awesome. Truly.

Just watched this Fan Film, It really is very good. Wont give any spoilers, just go and take a look its well worth your time.

It was brilliant!
What an amount of work...

what an awesome "fan" movie. Very very well crafted and does not look like fan work at all.

boon23 said:
what an awesome "fan" movie. Very very well crafted and does not look like fan work at all.

I love the fact they actually pulled a story from the appendix that Tolkien gave details for. Awesome movie. The "Making of" & "Effect Reel" are also worth the time.

Rick aka K'tar

I finally found time to look at this last night. It is absolutely superb! The dark feel is very compelling, and the fight scenes were choreographically impressive for such a small budget production.

Moreover, I found that the limited glimpses we caught of Gollum - no doubt partly dictated by CGI budget limitations - engaged the imagination in a way that modern big budget productions rarely do. These fitted in rather nicely with the Gollum of The Fellowship of the Ring, which I really liked in spite of the fact that it did not fully match the Gollum of the following films.

I have tried to watch it one day and it looks very good indeed but it was so boring that I stopped half-way through.

Gieferg said:
I have tried to watch it one day and it looks very good indeed but it was so boring that I stopped half-way through.

That's a shame. Have you tried Born of Hope?

Nope. But I will, and also I will give "The Hunt for Gollum" a second chance soon.

this is suppose to take place before the movies correct? hmm...may have to work on something now.

Actually, if you just copy the url the youtube url, jDownloader will get the links for all versions including that 570 mb 720p mp4.
I had grabbed it a couple of months ago.
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H09xnhlCQU
I also have the PAL DVD but the picture is nowhere near as good as the mp4.
I kept the DVD on the hard drive though because it does have lots of extras.

i transferring both Born of Hope and Hunt for Gollum onto dvds. have the 720p mp4 for both of 'em. Born of Hope even has commentary, which is pretty sweet. While Hunt for Gollum has Behind the Scenes and a Visual Effects Reel (sadly no commentary)

The Born of Hope mp4 has a commentary track?
I have a 720p mp4 but no commentary.. just a single track.

if you go to their official site for Born for Hope. there's a link for Commentary and you can get the youtube link. that's how i got mine.

Anyone seen Born of Hope? 70m is a long stretch for a fan film...

Back
Top Bottom