• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Paradise:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Paradise:

Let me star off by saying I never watched the theatricals of these movies. I read the reviews and passed. So maybe I'm not in the best position to judge an edit meshing both of them, to say the least. Still, I'll give it a try.

I thought the first part of the movie was brilliant, with two stories developing simultaneously in the past and the present. The music works well here. This part had me on tenterhooks. Kudos to that, well done. Then aliens come in and it all goes to pieces. Let's get this out of the way: David, what a massive piece of trash that guy turned out to be. I hated the character with a passion. Not only is he the ugliest, he's completely unbelievable. How does he learn an alien language? Let alone learn to fly their ships enough to do a planet drive-by shooting. Which, remind me again, why? Just a massive sonnofabitch, I guess.

Also, the Engineers. Towers of muscle with an aggressive streak? How does that fit in with a biological and planetary Engineer? Those guys couldn't raise a cat, let alone an entire species. And having them appear only for them not to answer any questions except "you bad! me kill you!"? Disappointing.

I also would've enjoyed a more positive ending. Would've loved to see that bastard David come to a bad end. The movie as a whole is way too dark to have an even darker ending. By the way, I have no idea if this is a prequel or a sequel, as it doesn't seem to fit in with the others either way.

Speaking of the dark tone of the move, I saw in youtube the scene where the spaceship falls over the two women over the course of then minutes, speeded up and with yakety sax playing. It was hilarious and I was looking forward to watching the original for a much-needed break from all the terrible things happening. Alas, it was not to be, but I understand the need to cut it. However, what happened to the blond? She takes off in an escape pod, but that can't have made it all the way to Earth, so...

Finally, the Beatles? Seemed like an odd choice to me.

I know some or most of the criticism here is directed at the original, since I don't know which is which. I apologize if I was unfair to the edit. I appreciate the opportunity to watch it and it certainly gave me a lot to think about. Specially about that scumbag, David!

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/paradise/discussions/11230/

Top Bottom