If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

DVD Fab questions...
(08-03-2020, 05:17 PM)bionicbob Wrote: So looking at MakeMKV... it says only free in Beta version and expires at the end of this August?

The Beta has been going for years. Simply redownload the file and you're good to go for 30 more days.
[+] 2 users Like Malthus's post
I haven't had to redownload anything for the few months I've been using it. That little pop-up displays every time but nothing ever happens ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Completed Ideas | Posters

In-The-Works:
N/A

[+] 3 users Like macmilln's post
One thing that has bugged me for ages with DVDFab is the increasing degree of obfuscation about what's free. HD Decrypter is the free component that lets you dump discs, but a while back they changed the launch screen to imply that your trial of this has expired (it never expires, you just click "try" and it lets you get on with things). Then they added a feature where, when dumping a Blu-Ray, you'd see a message in the job progress screen stating that the Bluray copy feature trial has expired - so thr job pauses for a minute or so, then gets on with things.

From memory, they also introduced changes in v11 whereby the ability to copy BluRays is limited to the trial, so I've not bothered with it. Everything I've ripped so far has been with version 9 or 10 and, UI nonsense aside, I haven't had issues. Should that change I'll most likely just switch to MakeMKV.
[+] 1 user Likes That One Guy's post
(08-04-2020, 02:25 PM)macmilln Wrote: I haven't had to redownload anything for the few months I've been using it. That little pop-up displays every time but nothing ever happens ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Okay so I updated MakeMKV last month, and then the "countdown" actually started. Today I tried ripping something and got the message that my trial was expired. Did some Googling and found this post on the MakeMKV forums:
Quote:As stated on a main page all features of MakeMKV are free while program is in beta. You may purchase the full activation key if you like the program and want to show your support, but you also may use the temporary beta key.

The current beta key is
Code:
T-vBv3hO43Xc4XQNhZZCbnodBarVeXHoa8yne@DeRCCQsm6V7twX3jDI@O8hDkqTUlQf

and is valid until end of October 2020. Please check back for updated key on this page.

So you just have to go to the menu bar and navigate to Help > Register, paste that key and restart.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=14911905]
Completed Ideas | Posters

In-The-Works:
N/A

[+] 1 user Likes macmilln's post
Neature Walk! Smile Those videos are great.
I just downloaded an updated beta version of MakeMKV and it's up and running smoothly like all the past betas with full features.