• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Sonic SATAM: Sea3on Animated

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Recently, the people behind the fan made Sat AM comic book 'sea3on' have been putting together a crowd-funded revival of the show using the plots of their book as a basis. They recently uploaded a short animation test as well as a Q+A with their art staff

Due to the youtube clips linking to patreon pages, I'm not going to upload them...but I'm both impressed with what they're doing and very concerned they'll receive a copyright strike from Sega, much like what befell the He-Man fan made episode "Return of Faker"

You can find the group with a quick Youtube search

2019-community-fus-satam-season-3.jpg

Last edited:

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I know Sega is usually good about fan projects the most notable example is them hiring some fan game creators. I have no idea how they'll react to the patreon though. I also don't know if Dic will get in the way. I also have a feeling that Ken Penders of the Archie comics will get in the way somehow...
But gosh, I really hope this all will work out. I really loved this show as a child. I have not checked out the fan comic, I don't think I knew it was a thing, I may have to look into it.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
I have not checked out the fan comic, I don't think I knew it was a thing, I may have to look into it.

I think I followed the earlier version of it back in 2004, then the creative teams changed around and they relaunched it in it's current form. There's about six or seven issues completed and readily available to download/read.

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/?page_id=936

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I caved in and finally joined their patreon for about a £1 a month. You don't get much in the way of perks for that money, but what I do see is damn impressive. This goes above and beyond conventional fan animations that you see on the likes of Newgrounds or whatnot, this is full on pro quality stuff.

They apparently have a minute long trailer in the works and are putting together a press launch kit. Look up their twitter if curious.

SkullDevil217

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Had no idea this was in the works, but very excited to see what they cook up. That finale cliffhanger still haunts me.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I really want to show off what these guys have done, so to circumvent linking to videos that have an active patreon link, I've ripped a few minutes of footage from YT and put them in a sizzle reel. I'll distribute it through PM (I'd upload it to Vimeo, but my storage is full)

Driver

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I really want to show off what these guys have done, so to circumvent linking to videos that have an active patreon link, I've ripped a few minutes of footage from YT and put them in a sizzle reel. I'll distribute it through PM (I'd upload it to Vimeo, but my storage is full)
Do we just ask for the sizzle reel? I'm curious on the project myself.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just gotten a notification from the Satam Sea3on patreon that they've reached over five thousand followers on Twitter.

I'm thinking ahead to this week and I was wondering if the plan is to release a trailer for Sea3on the same day as the movie? It'd work two fold, taking advantage of not just the movie's release but also April Fool's day itself, as we know the production is of a professional quality and could now pass for something legitimate, thus people could be hoodwinked a bit

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So as we get closer to releasing the trailer we get closer for all you to hear the new theme song. I'm not going to go into spoiler mode yet. Other then you will all love it.

-Update from the Patreon regarding the theme song

jedimasterluke

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I know Sega is usually good about fan projects the most notable example is them hiring some fan game creators. I have no idea how they'll react to the patreon though. I also don't know if Dic will get in the way. I also have a feeling that Ken Penders of the Archie comics will get in the way somehow...
But gosh, I really hope this all will work out. I really loved this show as a child. I have not checked out the fan comic, I don't think I knew it was a thing, I may have to look into it.
Dic doesn’t exist anymore they changed hands multiple times.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Team Sea3on have put together a Q+A

Top Bottom