• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Transformers 2

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
heres a nice commentary from my favorite critic on the new 3 minute TF2 footage recently leaked/released/whatever

[youtubewide:1auvgcko]

about to watch the clip but this guy needs to learn the law. Fair use law does not apply to illegally leaked footage of a film that still has not yet hit the theaters. The only time this may apply is if the studio warrants the ok

None of that is leaked footage. It was a video that Bay presented at Showest, which was released on the web the next day. TF2 will rock. Then I will re-rock it.

Yeah but was it released on the web unofficially? From the sounds of it, that seems to be the case and hence is not covered by fair use

Bay could have presented it at Showest, but for showest only. Now if the guys who put on showest upped it, than that is a different story. If a fan did it, then fair use does not apply

reave said:
None of that is leaked footage. It was a video that Bay presented at Showest, which was released on the web the next day. TF2 will rock. Then I will re-rock it.

Can't wait for your edit of this, loved your Resparked version of the first TF movie. You actually made it very, very watchable. :D

Apparently TF2 has a lot of 'silliness' in it which will no doubt need excising, also more scenes of Sam's annoying mother which hopefully can be binned.

Oh, don't take too long will you? ;)

Seriously though, dead impressed with your work, take as long as you need .................. :)

wow the reviews are hilariously bad...

from IMDb:
Reviews rarely come more caustic than the early ones for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen -- even from critics who had had nice things to say about the original. For example, Claudia Puig in USA Today comments: "Bigger, louder, longer and more metallic is definitely not better. Where the first movie was a happy surprise, a comedy with engaging characters and spectacular action-filled escapades, the sequel lacks wit, charm, subtlety, restraint, humanity and clever dialogue. It has loads of spectacle but no soul." Saying that he wished he "could explain the plot," Lou Lumenick in the New York Post remarks that the movie is "squarely aimed at 8-year-old boys and men who never quite matured past that stage." Peter Howell in the Toronto Star says it's a movie filled with "booms and boobage" that is so noisy, it's "akin to lying on the tarmac at Pearson International while a revving Airbus A 380 rolls over you." Roger Moore in the Orlando Sentinel asks: "Is it the worst movie of the summer? Possibly. Will everybody see it? Probably." But Rafer Guzmán in Newsday concludes: "The battles between giant robots are astoundingly detailed, and cleverly set in organic places like forests and deserts that add to the realism. Like its predecessor, this Transformers is a terrific guilty pleasure.".....
Michael Phillips in the Chicago Tribune mentions a scene in which an aged Autobot utters the line "I'm too old for this crap." Comments Phillips: "No matter, pal. You're not in the target demographic." In the Boston Globe, Ty Burr calls the sequel "2 1/2 hours of tumescence disguised as a motion picture." To Roger Ebert of the Chicago Sun Times it's "a horrible experience of unbearable length." John Anderson in the Washington Post brands it "simply despicable." Betsy Sharkey in the Los Angeles Times concludes that the movie "is in-your-face, ear-splitting and unrelenting. It's easy to walk away feeling like you've spent 2 1/2 hours in the mad, wild hydraulic embrace of a car compactor." Several critics do applaud the astounding effects from San Francisco-based Ilm. "But without dynamic contrasts," writes Liam Lacey in the Toronto Globe & Mail, "even the destruction of internationally famous landmarks begins to feel like staring at wallpaper after a couple of hours." But Manohla Dargis's review in the New York Times seems surprisingly complimentary to director Michael Bay. "Despite the tediousness of his stories and inanity of his visual ideas, he always manages to keep you laughing and shaking your head in disbelief at the outlandishness of his cinematic spectacles," she writes.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

too bad we'll have to wait for Reave (and others) to get hold of this stinker to see a decent sequel.

Reave, you are so going to hate me for this but, I have to do it.

Ugh. I swear, there is not a single good thing about this movie. The acting (apart from Cullen and Welker) is awful, the CGI is atrocious (looking like something that came out of a friggin' junkyard) with no way to tell the Autobots or Decepticons apart (they could've at least kept the G1 color scheme), the action is repetitive and confusing, and concepts like [spoiler:2upmxg8y]robot heaven and Egyptian transformer language[/spoiler:2upmxg8y] are insanely stupid. What's more, I actually walked out 2 hours into the mess, which I've only walked out of a theater once before, and that was for Die Another Day.

There is honestly no redeeming feature about this excuse for a movie. Mr. Bay, since the mid-90's, I have tolerated your existence in Hollywood, but now, I have just had it with your obsession for senseless violence in the name of money, abuse of one of the best toy ideas and cartoons to come out of the 80's, and this lack of coherence all of your films endure in one way or another. Hand the franchise over to another director, or just let it turn gray and die in peace, without money-grubbing bastards like you trying to re-invigorate its spark. Also, kill Sam in the next one, because the less time spent with that little pick Shia, and the more with Megan Fox (despite that I'm married), the better.

This film gets a 0 out of 5, proving that Caligula's claim as worst film in history might be challenged soon (it ranks -5 out of 5 on my scale).

Wow that's bad.

I had planned to see it in theaters....but na.

Why take any notice of anyone else's criticisms (or compliments?). If I had listened to the nay-sayers and critics I wouldn't have had the pleasure of seeing this very enjoyable movie.

Go see it and judge for yourself. :)

i've decided to go all out and see this at IMAX. i may regret the decision, but whatever.

Thus joebshmoe spake his final words, before venturing into the fantastic and dangerous world of an IMAX screening of a Michael Bay movie.

He never returned.

At this point, it seems to me that dissing Transformers 2 is just the cool thing to do. I mean, FFS, it was never meant to be The Godfather. If you can't go into Transformers and enjoy it at a base level, you're way too wound up. Of course some of the movie was fucking stupid, that's because it's partially a movie for kids, and kids are... well, stupid, in what makes them laugh. Show me any other Sci-fi action blockbuster that doesn't have plot holes. You have suspend your belief to enjoy any of them. I'm not a Transformers apologist, I would have preferred several aspects of the films to be radically different, I'm just bothered by the fact that people have chosen TF to be the punching bag in a year when Wolverine and Pink Panther 2 came out.

I guess it's just a given when you're the biggest show in town.

That said, I can't wait to edit the hell out of TF2!

reave said:
Of course some of the movie was fucking stupid, that's because it's partially a movie for kids, and kids are... well, stupid, in what makes them laugh. Show me any other Sci-fi action blockbuster that doesn't have plot holes. You have suspend your belief to enjoy any of them. I'm not a Transformers apologist, I would have preferred several aspects of the films to be radically different, I'm just bothered by the fact that people have chosen TF to be the punching bag in a year when Wolverine and Pink Panther 2 came out.
I don't buy for a single, damn second that Bay wrote this as a children's or "kids" film - not with all the drug/sex/scatological jokes, the misogynistic sexualization of young women, the idiotic racist stereotypes that I never would've expected to see in this day and age, the inane and at times nonsensical plot, and the terrible characters that are so poorly concieved that they are in fact less than one-dimensional. :|

I have to admit, once the credits rolled, I thought "I can't wait to edit this movie back into something great."

JasonN said:
reave said:
Of course some of the movie was fucking stupid, that's because it's partially a movie for kids, and kids are... well, stupid, in what makes them laugh. Show me any other Sci-fi action blockbuster that doesn't have plot holes. You have suspend your belief to enjoy any of them. I'm not a Transformers apologist, I would have preferred several aspects of the films to be radically different, I'm just bothered by the fact that people have chosen TF to be the punching bag in a year when Wolverine and Pink Panther 2 came out.
I don't buy for a single, damn second that Bay wrote this as a children's or "kids" film - not with all the drug/sex/scatological jokes, the misogynistic sexualization of young women, the idiotic racist stereotypes that I never would've expected to see in this day and age, the inane and at times nonsensical plot, and the terrible characters that are so poorly concieved that they are in fact less than one-dimensional. :|
Very well put. Agreed. :)

I think that's a bit much. I mean, we still have hot girls and gangsta wannabes in the world last time I checked.

And Bay didn't write it, the Wonder Twins, Orci and Kurtzman did. You can't tell me that the slapstick humor all over TF was not aimed squarely at kids.

I mean really, I don't care.... hate it, it's your right, and it's not hard to do. But I think the cries of misogyny and racism are a bit knee-jerk and PC. There are black AND white (and all the other "colors") people all over the world that talk and act like the Twins, that doesn't make it a racist portrayal. If they were chomping on watermelon and fried chicken, then I think you would have a case. I think they were made the way they are to appeal to young kids and to the "urban" population. Just watch TV for 15 minutes, and you'll see all kinds of hip-hop and urban advertisements and programming.

I have 2 black friends who have gone to see TF, and they were not offended in the slightest bit. I have heard no cries of racism from any black leaders, and believe me, if Al Sharpton can find something to call racist, he's on it.

I'll agree with you that they're pretty stupid characters, but they're really just a representation of the current time. If TF was made in the 70's it would have been a pair of dumb stoner 'bots.

What I really can't get, is how Bay can make 2 of his personal favorite movies starring black leads, and have great black characters in all the rest of his films to date, and still get the racist thing.

As far as the misogyny goes, sex sells. Sad but true. Do you think Woody Allen has Scarlett Johanssen in his movies because he thinks that she's a true master of the craft? No. He likes her face and body, and she happens to be a somewhat decent actress. I think Mikaela is made out to be a pretty tough cookie, not the screaming little girl that women have been made out to be in the past. By the way, nice avatar, killbillme. :p

Anyway, most of this won't matter when I start hacking away at it.

Peace.

Welcome to the boards, OTVader! :)

Thanks GAD for review. I wonder why I knew it all long time before premiere of Trans2. It is M.Bay nad I doubt he will ever change (....and I dont care really). At some topic elbarto1 and joebshmoe discussed why people likes dumb movies.... my question reave is why people justify them.

Back
Top Bottom