• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Doom - Olduvai

youngy94

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
vBeDy5X.jpg

Fanedit Title: Doom - Olduvai
Faneditor Name: youngy94
Tagline: "No One Gets Out Alive."
Original Movie Title: Doom
Genre: Horror
Fanedit Type: FanFix
Original Release Date: 2005
Original Running Time: 112
Fanedit Running Time: 87
Time Cut: 25

Brief Synopsis:
Something has gone wrong in a research facility on Mars, and the staff are becoming something unimaginable. All research has ceased and the facility has been placed in quarantine. Dr. Samantha Grimm have called in an elite squad of soldiers led by Sarge and includes Samantha's twin brother, John Grimm. No one is safe inside. As the team advance through the facility, and as they are picked off one-by-one, Dr. Grimm has one question: What exactly has caused this?

Intention:
To remove all the unnecessary dialogue throughout the movie to speed up the pace as well as bring a more serious tone and to make the movie worthy of being called Doom. I will also try to add things that bring back some nostalgia for many people that played the original games including myself.

Changed intro
Cut squad in the room
Cut Portman's joke to The Kid
Trimmed Sarge talking to his squad
Cut Sarge & Reaper talking
Cut Sarge saying "you hesitate, people die"
Cut Goat & Duke talking to The Kid
Trimmed squad before they travel
Cut dialogue between Goat & Duke
Cut Portman being a creep
Dut Duke saying "hello Samantha"
Cut dialogue between Sarge, Reaper & Samantha
Cut squad listening to recording
Cut Portman's employee with a gun line
Cut dialogue between Mack & Pinky
Cut Sarge & Duke walking the corridors
Cut Goat & Portman in Genetics
Cut Destroyer & The Kid finding the bloody shirt
Cut Goat & Portman finding the holding cell
Trimmed Sarge & Duke in the armory
Cut The Kid shooting at the pipes
Trimmed dialogue between Reaper & Samantha
Trimmed Goat & Portman in Carmacs office
Cut Portman giving drugs to The Kid
Cut Goat knocking over container and cutting himself
Trimmed Samantha & Duke with Carmac
Cut Destroyer and Sarge killing the monkey
Cut Portman falling in the hole
Cut Reapers dialogue with The Kid
Cut Samantha & Duke dialogue
Cut Portmans reinforcements dialogue
Cut Dukes nano wall dialogue
Cut Reapers family memory
Cut Portman talking about the ark blowing up
Trimmed Goat killing himself
Cut Samanthas turning dialogue
Cut Portman & Pinky dialogue
Changed BFG colour to green
Rescored first person scene
Changed BFG colour to green
Rescored credits

I have now been working on this the past couple of days, I spent a few days before this gathering music from the original doom soundtrack which I plan on rescoring scenes with which I believe will sound better. I will put up some previews in the next couple of days of what I have done, also if anyone has a better movie name which shouldn't be hard feel free to let me know.

Here is the new opening I've done, I put the elevator scene from the end with Reaper and Samantha so now it's a mystery what happened and you no longer get a glimpse of the monster through the door. I have trimmed the elevator scene so the preview doesn't take as long but the actual version in the movie has the whole elevator scene.

I have also cut about 20mins from the movie so far, all of which happens before Goat is killed so now it only takes about 23mins before he dies which helps so now the action doesn't take to long to start.

I have now finished cutting and trimming all I want to from this movie, I have cut 25mins from the movie which is all before Destroyer finds the cell and fights the monster. So now the action starts quicker and the rest of the movie after I finished cutting and trimming is good and doesn't need any editing.

Now I'm going to rescore some scenes with some original doom music which will hopefully make the scenes better and bring back some nostalgia.

I have now finished editing this movie, I have now done 2 rescores and 25mins of either cutting or trimming. I have rescored the first person scene and the credits, I added back in 2 doom songs and one of the main doom songs which I'm sure people will know.

I will be submitting this movie at the end of the week, so for the rest of the week I will be doing other things and I will start a new movie next week.

If anyone wants a link PM me  :)

Back
Top Bottom