• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Maniac: A Scarface Edit

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
7yNNqd5.jpg

Maniac: A Scarface Edit
Tagline: The World Is Yours!
Genre: Action
Available In HD: Yes 1080p
File Size: 6.64gb
Fanedit Type: Fanfix
Fanedit Running Time: 93 Mins
Original Movie Running Time: 170 Mins
Time Cut: 77 Mins
Original Release Date: 1983

Brief Synopsis:
This edit of Scarface is more of an action movie type film differing from the originally film majorly. In this edit i also remove one of the main characters in this film which is Elvira played by Michelle Pfeiffer.

Intention:
I always felt this film was majorly dragged on and I felt it was way too long for what it actually was.

Additional Notes:
This edit is majorly inspired by Maniac's edit of scarface called "The World Is Yours"

Editing Details:
Going into this edit I wanted to try and make it way more action pact with faster pacing, to do this I had to try and remove some characters. This was quite hard to do as Elvira is one of the most important characters in the film, to keep her out of everything scene I had to cut scenes out and use the cropping to keep her out of shot.

Cuts And Additions:
Every single second of this fanedit is edited so it would be near enough impossible to name every cut.
The main important ones though are..
- Recreated a new opening
- Trimmed the chainsaw shootout
- Trimmed Tony meeting Frank
- Removed Elvira and Tony dancing in the club
- Removed Tony seeing Elvira at the club.
- Trimmed Tony's conversation about Elvira
- Removed Tony's "Say Goodnight to the bad guy" speech.
- Trimmed The ending shootout.

Opening Scene:

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
After rethinking the opening I have changed the op with the new and updated version

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi @"SonofSinbad" I, like you, find this film far too long so I'm excited by your idea. I watched the sample clip a couple of times and had some thoughts. Overall I felt the editing itself was pretty seamless and the scene flowed well. With that said:
  • The font in the credits is rather pixelated, especially on the letter 'A'. I have had issues in the past where the font is perfectly fine in my timeline but is pixelated when I export so perhaps that has happened here. 
  • I found the opening with the answer to an unspoken question a little abrupt. I watched it a few more times and it feels more natural but I still feel the transition from music fade to 'Antonio Montana' happens a touch to fast.
    Maybe you could include the question that precedes Tony's line? It could play over a black screen and cut to Tony when he speaks? Alternatively you could save the text from the beginning until after the credits and transition from that?
  • You've masked the transitions in a really interesting way but I did find them a little uncanny to watch. 1:36 is an example of what I'm talking about. I applaud your skill in doing this but I did find it jarring. 
Thanks for sharing, I look forward to seeing more on this.

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Malthus said:
The font in the credits is rather pixelated, especially on the letter 'A'. I have had issues in the past where the font is perfectly fine in my timeline but is pixelated when I export so perhaps that has happened here. 
I found the opening with the answer to an unspoken question a little abrupt. I watched it a few more times and it feels more natural but I still feel the transition from music fade to 'Antonio Montana' happens a touch to fast.
Maybe you could include the question that precedes Tony's line? It could play over a black screen and cut to Tony when he speaks? Alternatively you could save the text from the beginning until after the credits and transition from that?
You've masked the transitions in a really interesting way but I did find them a little uncanny to watch. 1:36 is an example of what I'm talking about. I applaud your skill in doing this but I did find it jarring. 

Thanks for your praise on my editing skills :)

1. I agree with you saying that is a bit pixelated. I've tried to improve it by making the text a bit bigger.

I personally think that looks better.

C9zkSMZ.jpg

K730SGg.jpg

2. I kinda disagree I don't really find it that abrupt. I originally was gonna start it from the original question but the original music overlaps it, so maybe I could have the last credit as "Al Pacino as, *Antonio Montana*

3. I see what you mean it doesn't look amazing but I don't find it that big of an issue. I wanted to stick with original style how the first few minutes is all took in one shot and I wanted still keep it like that but try and remove a few things to trim it down. If i removed the transition I don't think it would be as impressive or look any better.

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
wilhelm scream said:
Good start, what other changes are you going to make?

Right now I'm not entirely sure what I will remove this is more of a remove as you go so I can see what will work and won't.

Conrad MacIntyre

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I like the way you changed between the different angles. But it does feel a touch abrupt. Have you tried a *very* short crossfade? Just to smooth it over a little?

Also, the text is too sharp. I would suggest adding a subtle blur, maybe even a tiny hint of motion, to it. Looks too digital to be from the 80s. 

Solid start, but if you don't know what your goal in the edit is, how will you know if you've achieved it or not?

Good luck!!

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Conrad MacIntyre said:
I like the way you changed between the different angles. But it does feel a touch abrupt. Have you tried a *very* short crossfade? Just to smooth it over a little?

Also, the text is too sharp. I would suggest adding a subtle blur, maybe even a tiny hint of motion, to it. Looks too digital to be from the 80s. 

Solid start, but if you don't know what your goal in the edit is, how will you know if you've achieved it or not?

Good luck!!

Thank you for your feedback!

1. i

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Conrad MacIntyre said:

Good luck!!

Thank you for your feedback!

1. I agree with you saying that the transitions are a bit abrupt, in the new clip I think it looks a lot better.

2. I see what you mean with the text being a bit to sharp I think it looks better, I have added a bit of blur like you recommended and also changed the font.

3. I think i worded it wrong earlier, I do have a rough idea but I may change my mind in the future that's why I didn't want to say anything til i was sure. But my rough plan for this is too stick mainly to the violence around the film and cutting some characters such as Michelle Pheiffer's.

Conrad MacIntyre

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dude, yes. The text looks great now.

Will be keeping an eye on this one. Looking forward to what you end up doing with this.

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The text looks so much better now, great job. I also like how your credits lead into the footage now. Keep up the good work.

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Malthus said:
The text looks so much better now, great job. I also like how your credits lead into the footage now. Keep up the good work.

Thank You Very Much :)

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Today I have been working around the shootout chainsaw scene, here is a clip of the scene any feedback is appreciated.

And to anybody asking I have updated the OP with the new opening.

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi everyone. I am working on my scarface edit and came into a problem. as I said in a previous post I was going to remove Michelle Pheiffer from the whole film. I am still able to do this but there is one scene that is my biggest issue.

I have removed Michelle from the scene and replaced it with Tony's sister, I wanted to know your guys' feedback.

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
SonofSinbad said:
Hi everyone. I am working on my scarface edit and came into a problem. as I said in a previous post I was going to remove Michelle Pheiffer from the whole film. I am still able to do this but there is one scene that is my biggest issue.

I have removed Michelle from the scene and replaced it with Tony's sister, I wanted to know your guys' feedback.

Well done!

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So far this edit is going great. I feel the finished project will be around 90 minutes when it is completed.
All I need to do is edit the last hour of the film and the first draft of this edit will be available to watch.

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My first draft of this edit is complete! Running at 1 hour and 34 minutes this edit is quite fast paced which I think is just right.
If you are going to watch this edit expect this edit to be non stop action.

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The rough version of this edit is uploaded to Mega, so if anyone wants to see it PM me.

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This edit is in my opinion complete, I have watched edit multiple times now and I think it's perfect.

I will be submitting this to IFDB.

Top Bottom