If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

What is everybody reading?
Tarzan 1929 comic strip dailies illustrated by Hal Foster and Rex Maxon based on 4 tarzan adventures by Burroughs:
[Image: TarzanEssentials-PR-66b30.jpg]

Very much enjoying the first tale, Tarzan of the Apes. I have the novel but my copy is too ragged for reading (tiny text too), so this is my first exposure to these tales not counting the movies which are from what I gather all over the place in terms of faithfulness. Fosters art is incredibly beautiful:
[Image: Tarzan_v7-pr_5.jpg]
(Look at the moustaches in the 2nd panel, the 3rd panel is basically unobtanium its so good! Its like 1800s newspaper illustrations or something, with croquill and brush, those people were amazing at inking, anyone know what brew of inking that is? let me know)
Really digging the tale so far.

I got it on sale. 9 bucks!
I may be an A-hole, but I'm not 100% a dick - Han Solo
Currently working on: Mad Max: Fury Road (silent edit)
[+] 2 users Like Rogue-theX's post
I haven't read this masterpiece, but I want to read this masterpiece.

Shatnerquake
Rock over London, rock on Chicago. Remington electric razor — cleans you, thrills you, may even keep you from getting busted.
[+] 2 users Like Duragizer's post
[Image: 37641612.jpg][Image: 37803794.jpg][Image: 40949611._SY475_.jpg][Image: 41560820._SY475_.jpg][Image: 46036912._SY475_.jpg][Image: 46360509._SY475_.jpg]

Piskor's art's interesting, if something of a mixed bag for me, and I suppose as a condensation/streamlining of four decades of X-Men storylines, it does its job well. Thing is, even condensed/streamlined, I consider the post-Byrne/Cockrum X-Men unenjoyable garbage, so Grand Design did nothing for me.
Rock over London, rock on Chicago. Remington electric razor — cleans you, thrills you, may even keep you from getting busted.
[Image: Book0025_d4184e54-cb2a-45c7-be79-469594e...1423296597]

About halfway through. I like it.

[Image: s-l1000.jpg]

All the artists here, Jurgens, Bogdanove, et. al. are great, but could no one at DC think of anything more interesting than Doomsday to be the thing to kill Superman? Come to think of it, maybe it was a joke. Maybe they were saying Superman didn’t have a mean bone in his body, and he and Mean Bone Man just cancel each other out.
my neck, my back, my coffee and prozac
[Image: the-expanse-novel-series-6f7aea10-04a6-4...e-750.jpeg]
I've started my reread of The Expanse as a leadup to the new season on Amazon. So far I've gotten through Leviathan Wakes and Caliban's War, but I'll probably keep going after a short break. I highly recommend this book series. It's easily the best science fiction I've read in a long while, and there are already 8 books, with a final 9th planned for next year sometime.
[+] 1 user Likes Siliconmaster's post
[Image: 51e045056895ad68b8ad6d950aa1ecec.jpg]

The writing is ... odd, but at least it's not full of whores, ethnic/feminist/religious caricatures, and the other offensive junk Miller's become infamous for in recent decades, which is nice. Hopefully the following issues will follow suit and keep out of the cesspool.

I really don't know why JRjr has drawn half the characters as bobbleheads, though. I know his art's always been an acquired taste, but I like most of his '90s output; the stuff in this issue looks really sloppy by comparison.
Isn’t there a scene where

A group attempts to rape Lana Lang?

I was interested in the book because I’ve definitely acquired the JRjr taste (I kinda hated his stuff for years until one day something clicked in my head and I loved it), but Miller made me cautious, and when I heard about that scene (and a couple other things) I wasn’t interested at all anymore.
my neck, my back, my coffee and prozac
(Yesterday, 09:25 AM)suspiciouscoffee Wrote: Isn’t there a scene where

A group attempts to rape Lana Lang?

I was interested in the book because I’ve definitely acquired the JRjr taste (I kinda hated his stuff for years until one day something clicked in my head and I loved it), but Miller made me cautious, and when I heard about that scene (and a couple other things) I wasn’t interested at all anymore.

Yeah, that happens. Thankfully, they're stopped before things go too far, so it isn't too questionable a scene for me.