If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

What is everybody reading?
[Image: 51eOuW9B-RL._SX349_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg]

Tolstoy gets it.
Existence is the convergence of opposites — of pleasure and pain, beauty and ugliness, evolution and stagnation, meaning and meaninglessness, perfection and deficiency, love and apathy, life and death, good and evil, order and chaos, God and oblivion. It is something to worship and scorn, celebrate and lament, embrace and reject, yield to and overcome.
(02-02-2019, 07:19 PM)jrWHAG42 Wrote: I have started reading The World According to Garp on a whim, when I was going to borrow Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep from my father, but he forgot to grab it, and I was running out of time because I needed a book to read during school. Anyways, so I've been reading this book, already expecting it to be good considering it's my father's second favorite book, and one of my mother's favorites apparently, though she's never mentioned it like he has.
This is a lot of digressing. 
Anyways, World According to Garp, pretty good so far, though I'm not very far into it.

Not surprisingly, it's my favourite book too. I read it as a teenager and it had a huge effect on me. I recently re-read it now as a father and it affected me in a completely different way. Maybe I'll next read it as a grandfather and get another perspective.

I was given a signed copy of the book as a gift a couple of years ago. It's by my bedside, encouraging me to write more myself. It's not working yet, though.
It's not the years, it's the mileage.