If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

November 2018 FEOTM - Every month we ask the community to vote on their Favorite Fanedit of the Month. To view the nominees and vote visit this thread.

What is everybody reading?
^ never seen space ghost but looks like you're right.

btw, I saw some of your cartooning work in the all purpose art thread over at ot, your awesome!
I may be an A-hole, but I'm not 100% a dick - Han Solo
Currently working on: Mad Max: Fury Road (silent edit)
Thanks!  That really made my day!
“After a time, you may find that having, is not so pleasing a thing after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true.” - Spock
Mavericks, book 6 of Expeditionary Force was published recently, so I'm going back through the first 5 books again before I get to it. Currently on book 3, Paradise.

[Image: 512pir464PL.jpg]
[Image: y648.jpg]

I owned most of the individual issues collected in this volume when I was a kid, and it's nice to have them again. The Radioactive Man backup stories from #36-39 weren't included, which is a shame, but what's there is still good stuff.
I just started Hyperion last night. With two six year olds in the house, I only get about a half hour per day to read at family reading time. So it feels like this one is going to take some time.
[Image: main-qimg-43927a83c8dc55a4b0470e6f6dd78350-c]

Only five chapters in, and it's already tremendously better than the whole of Children of Dune.

Mayhap there's room on my shelves for more than one Dune novel after all.
I've moved the thread to the books section, thought it was appropriate.

I just finished Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, had gotten it for my birthday, and of course finished it in 2 weeks while going through exams. J. K. Rowling is a masterful storyteller, the wizarding world portrayed in the books feels lively and as engaging as its counterpart on the silver screen. It's impressive what has grown into much more than a global phenomenon began with the pages of this little novel. Overall, a great recommended read. A solid 9/10.

I also revisited Ready Player One recently, after rewatching the film. Loved it and it's still one of my favourites. The movie just doesn't do it justice.
[Image: 51MMCZGA2NL._SX304_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg]

I know Kelley Jones' art is an acquired taste, so I wouldn't recommend this to everyone, but I happen to like his '90s work, so I enjoyed Red Rain immensely. Gothic, expressionistic, sinister, melancholy — it's everything I could ever want in a Batman-as-vampire story.

[Image: 5159JDX61WL._SX302_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg]

I didn't enjoy Bloodstorm as much as its predecessor. Can't quite put my finger on it, but something about it just feels ... underdone. Still, the art remains good (if inconsistent in places), and it served as a fitting conclusion to Red Rain. Unfortunately, it didn't end here....

[Image: 51CEAKGYH8L._SX308_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg]

Didn't like Crimson Mist very much at all. The art's weaker here, which didn't make the interminable sequences of the grotesque vampiric Batman slaughtering his rogues gallery any easier to read through, and I absolutely hated the versions of Two-Face and Killer Croc presented here. On the plus side, the ending's strong.
An Absolutely Remarkable Thing by Hank Green

A terrific book. I hope this is adapted to the screen because it is just a great story. This is a story of human nature, fame and consequences. Despite the alien/first contact element, the story is very human. It details the effects of fame and the fragile condition of the world and society in general with people focusing on fame, power, and social status instead of working together and being human. Social media also plays a part, the harmful hate speech and the such that can dehumanize a person. Overall, just a great read/listen. 10/10.