• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Thor: Odinson?:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thor: Odinson?:

Having watched Thor: Odinson?'s preview, I must say I was impressed.
Let me say this before: I only watched Thor once in my life, wasn't fond of it and never watched it again. I generally do not like MCU movies and did not remember most of the original going on.
I have to say, I rather enjoyed the movie this time around. The first time, I remember finding myself rather unvaried throughout. The restructuring really brings out the strengths of the movie. Thor isn't the only character to benefit, but Loki's dark side is shown later and this adds further depth to his persona.
One very small narrative hiccup I had while watching was the fact that it was Odin's voice narrating the Frost Giants' backstory. It feels a bit strange since at this point in the movie you have no idea whose that voice is, but once the flashback was over, I put the narration in context as Odin narrating the story to his children and this made it work, to my surprise. Besides, you couldn't do much with this anyways since you have no other footage and the backstory is necessary to understand the rest of the movie.
On a technical level, I noticed no hard cuts, which is a big point for the edit.
Overall, I'm still not too fond of the movie, but if I decide to revisit the movie again, I will watch your version as it most definitely adds some mystery and fun to the third act, as well as developing the characters in a much more enticing way.
Well done!

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/thor-odinson/discussions/11145/

Top Bottom