• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Thor: Odinson?:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thor: Odinson?:

Audio/Video Quality: 8/10
There's nothing wrong with the video quality, but it's worth noting that this is sourced from a DVD, so beware if you're very particular about quality. Audio quality is fine.

Visual editing: 9/10
The editing on this is seamless besides one particular transition, which isn't terrible but I can't help but notice it.

Audio editing: 10/10
The only time I knew that the audio was edited was a thunder sound effect used for a transition, which didn't sound jarring at all. There may be other audio edits that I didn't notice. In any case, nothing to complain about here.

Narrative: 10/10
The whole point of the edit is a shift in the narrative. If you have a problem with a big flashback in the middle, then this isn't for you. I had no problem with it, and the beginning of the edit felt like a natural starting point for the film. The edits to the narrative were excellently achieved. No complaints from me here.

Enjoyment: 10/10
Now, I could give this a 5/10 because I'm not a big fan of the movie itself, but I don't think that's fair. That has nothing to do with judging the actual edit. Looking solely at the changes made, they were all well done and definitely improve the film. This doesn't make Thor a masterpiece, but it doesn't try to. If this were simply a fan fix, then my rating would be lower, but since this intends to just alter the film for a purely different experience, it works well. In short, if you like Thor, you will like this. If you don't like Thor, this probably won't change your mind. I didn't love this, but I liked all of the edits made, and that's where it counts.

So yeah, Thor Odinson?
Go watch it if you're a Thor fan. If you go in expecting a better version of Thor, it may not satisfy you.
This will probably be my go-to if I ever have the desire to watch all of the MCU. But I probably won't watch Thor in any form again anytime soon.

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/thor-odinson/discussions/11143/

Top Bottom