• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Spectre: The LS Cut:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Spectre: The LS Cut:

Audio/Video Quality:
The audio and video quality are exactly what I'd expect from and HD file at this size.
10/10

Visual Editing:
The visual editing was great and if all I had were eyes and subtitles I wouldn't have picked up on much of anything. Here's some nitpicking: The opening shot felt a bit off due to the lack of audio leading into it. It's exactly the same (minus the on screen text) as the source so this is more an interesting by-product of the new sound design. The original version of this movie has a pretty ugly color grade. I like what you were able to achieve in a lot of the interior shots, especially the color grade of the interior shots of M's office and at Q's new underground facility. These scenes now have a great vibrance and the darks actually look dark instead of a very dark shade of blue. I also like how you were able to remove some yellows from the funeral scene. Only other real nitpicky things I could say is that when they leave the train there is a jump in placement of Bond from away from the building to leaning against it and the view is from behind him, a flash frame occurs at 2:10:28 and there's a "Enter Text" that fades in at the very end of the film 2:15:50.
Great work!
9/10

Audio Editing:
As noted above, the jump into the Dia De Los Muertos scene felt a bit abrupt without the fade in of the crowd.  It works, but for me personally I'd prefer the fade in. The restored 007nside theme music was a vast improvement over Sam Smith's track. The transition did feel a little abrupt as Bond looked at the ring and the shift in the music occurs. I think this could be smoothed out by using a bit of a longer audio transition through a more gradual cross fade and/or using the first percussive lines to bring us fully into the new track. I honestly don't know why they didn't use this track in the theatrical release. It nails that iconic Bond feeling. Great choice! I did notice most of the audio cuts in the movie as they have a jump feeling to them due to the omitted portions causing the music to jump out of rhythm with the scene. Again, I think some crossfading or reworking of the audio tracks could smooth those out and then there'd be no issue.
7/10

Narrative:
I personally didn't have an issue with the connection between Bond and Blofeld, but it was interesting to see how you were able to turn Blofeld into a classic Bond villain by omitting a handful of lines. It tightens up the movie and makes it more of a classical stand alone Bond adventure. Great job!
10/10

Enjoyment:
I enjoyed seeing how these slight adjustments brought the story more in line with the classic Bond formula. While I'm not a classic Bond fan, I do like the Daniel Craig era with its ongoing story line. I thought this edit might hurt that storyline, but LastSurvivor retained just enough of the previous connections as to keep the story connected and moving whilst also eliminating a twist that perhaps didn't need to be there in the first place. I'd say I enjoyed the narrative of this movie as much as I did the original. The only real issues I had with this edit were the audio transitions during the cuts. I'm a bit obsessive in that area. My enjoyment would be a solid 9  if a few audio edits were smoothed out. A handful of crossfading and soundtrack rebuilding could do the trick.
7/10

A special shout out bonus for your awesome editor video diary. The fact that you create these is awesome and I hope one day to have the courage to get in front of a camera to talk about what I did. I always enjoy and learn from editors that share the "why" of what they do :)

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/spectre-the-ls-cut/discussions/11047/

Back
Top Bottom