• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Buck Rogers in the 25th Century: Extended Edition:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Buck Rogers in the 25th Century: Extended Edition:

This extended blend of the pilot and the spin-off movie showcases the spirit of the series. This is a pretty grim, dark future with a devastated earth short of food and endless threats, but its not grim-dark story: instead, we get an upbeat and hopeful narrative with resilient characters, not much angst, plus a lot of 1970s grooviness plus a bit of 1970s sleaziness -- not least from the droid Twiki.

I liked the series as a kid, and still do. Its great fun and this edit is a great way to get back into it. s with anything from this editor, the job is professional every second.I am not enough of a Buck Rogers aficionado to have particularly strong views about the 1979-1981 Glen Larson series, and how it both recast and respected earlier iterations of the character. I honestly don't have strong views on how the series could or should be "fixed." Its fun, and imaginative, and has some very memorable parts. As a fan of old pulp characters including Buck Rogers (and Flash Gordon, who is, erm, let's call him a "tribute" to Buck), I like shows like this one, which show some respect to the originals but also try new things. Sure, I could do without Twiki, but I can also enjoy him. And if Twiki is the price of this series and this fanedit, I am willing to pay it in full.

So, thanks editor, for getting me to dust off my series DVDs and re-appreciate the series.

this fanedit emerges from,

and a lot of 1970s influences,

its hardly a grim-dark series.

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/buck-rogers-in-the-25th-century-extended-edition/discussions/10966/

Top Bottom