• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Paradise:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Paradise:

First off this will be my go to when re-watching the franchise. I can actually add these two (combined) to the collection.

The originals as we know have always been a disappointment (Covenant reminiscent of the bargain bin days) but honestly this was a stroke of genius regarding editing. Combining the two for a David-centric story line (as it always should of been) provides us with all of the best moments the films produced i.e. Fassbinder meets Fassbinder.

My only gripes are some minor character elements which would of given just that bit extra (honestly not much to add at all) i.e. Tennessee's reaction to his wife's outcome as I find I don't really care at all for the rest of the cast which could just give this edit that final chord. Also the ending's choice of music (Beatlemania); as an intense atmosphere is created throughout, when it came to the end the choice of song just didn't sit with me and I found myself brought out of the terror that is the final curtain draw. Even just using the voice-over (which I liked) and maybe cutting in that song as the ship drifts off into the black sunset might of made a difference for myself.

But please folks do yourself a favor and watch this excellent edit!

Truly JobWillins a very well done!

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/paradise/discussions/10964/

Top Bottom