• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Omen Revelations - A Last Survivor & Bionic Bob fanedit

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
LFtdPBr.jpg

First 25 minutes of the edit, available to preview...  
password: antichrist

Original title:  The Omen, Damien: Omen II, The Final Conflict

Fanedit title: Omen Revelations

Studios: 20th Century Fox
Faneditor: Last Survivor & Bionic Bob
Originally released: 1976, 1978, 1981
Fanedit release: May 2020 
Original running time: 326 minutes approx
Fanedit running time: 184 minutes approx
Cut time: 142 minutes cut
Started edit: January 2020
Finished edit: May 2020

Synopsis and Purpose of Edit:

A trilogy of horror so terrifying, that Bionic Bob and Last Survivor had to combine it into one epic horror movie, the likes of which has never been seen before!  Okay, that's the hope at any rate.  

Omen Revelations is an attempt to combine the Omen Trilogy into one epic horror movie, which depicts the rise to power for the antichrist, Damien Thorn, as he attempts to inherit the Earth and defeat the second coming of the nazarene.   This is not told in strictly linear form however.  The third film, The Final Conflict, acts as the backbone to the edit, with Damien now 32 years old and building an empire with legions of disciples from all walks of life.  It seems it can only be a matter of time before he settles into the Whitehouse and eventually becomes the most powerful man on the planet.  His rise to power is told in-between with carefully chosen footage from The Omen and Damien: Omen II, with the hope being that we present a fanedit which whilst not told in strictly linear fashion, will nonetheless flow naturally and entertain. 

Cutlist:

Considering we have cut over 2 hours out of these 3 films, a cutlist would be too much to bear listing I'm afraid.   Suffice to say that we wanted to trim as much as we could from all the movies, making The Final Conflict act as what you might call the "backbone" or "focus" of the story, whilst scenes from The Omen and Damien:Omen II are carefully slotted in-between to tell the uprising of the antichrist, Damien Thorn, as fluidly as possible.
** Some of the death scenes have ended up being cut for pacing purposes... particularly in Damien: Omen II which in all honesty has many characters who are quickly introduced only to be killed straight away
**One thing we can say is that there is a new surprise ending, in an attempt to try and make the somewhat lackluster finale of The Final Conflict have a bit more impact.

Special Features:

Audio Commentary
Fanedit Trailer

Technical Details:

16:9 Anamorphic. NTSC DVD-9 (Dual Layer)
Stereo.
Software used: Vegas Pro 16, VirtualDub, Audacity, DVD Architect, HC Encoder, DG Index,  Xara Photo & Graphic Designer
Fanedit Artwork by Sophie Welch

Special Thanks:
Sophie Welch 
Jennifer Thome
Emily Thome

Oh, and I have to give a huge shout out my wife, Sophie, for the time she spent creating new artwork for the poster, DVD cover, and DVD Menus... here they are in all their glory...

DVD cover 

N5GLFHW.jpg

DVD Menu 1

Pg4z3eC.jpg

DVD Menu 2

G3w4xrF.png

DVD menu 3

1TSiISc.jpg

a stunning preview! 25min of joy! and the new artwork is awesome!
Looking forward to see the whole Epic Edit!

I'm curious about the new ending because the original wasn't really that great as I remember it.

Dawnrazor said:
a stunning preview! 25min of joy! and the new artwork is awesome!
Looking forward to see the whole Epic Edit!

I'm curious about the new ending because the original wasn't really that great as I remember it.

Many thanks Dawnrazor for your kind words.  Glad you enjoyed the preview!  Also, my wife blushed a little when I showed her your "awesome" comments about her artwork - she was very pleased and says thank you.

Really hope you enjoy the full edit and I'd be fascinated to hear your thoughts after you've seen it.

Congratulations on finally finishing the edit, I look forward to asking for the link to it someday, but having only just recently watched the 3 films individually, it's a little to soon to be giving them a revisit in any capacity.

Just a heads up to anyone who might be purchasing the UK trilogy on Blu ray.  I did struggle to get Omen 2 to play on the ps4 as theres a problem with the menu, you have to bring up the menu options and go to the root to get the animated cursor to appear properly. The 3rd film suffers from the same problem but as I'd already found the workaround it wasn't as bothersome.

@"gilhodges" THANK YOU for taking the time to post a review.  It is deeply appreciated. 

And the fact you said you watched this 3 hour monster, not once, but TWICE, is wonderful to hear!!!  :D

bionicbob said:
@"gilhodges" THANK YOU for taking the time to post a review.  It is deeply appreciated. 

And the fact you said you watched this 3 hour monster, not once, but TWICE, is wonderful to hear!!!  :D

I would echo this... to watch it twice, and that's not even with the excuse to listen to the commentary - I salute you.  You have stamina!  Many thanks for the review and glad you enjoyed it.

Thank You @"Dawnrazor"  for posting a review.

Yes, cutting the Zoo Scene was a hard decision.  So many great moments had to be cut to get this edit to 3 hours.  Our mandate was essentially, if it does not drive the story, it has to go.

But that is why we will always have the originals, so we can relive those fantastic cut moments in their original apocalyptic glory.  :D

Thank you @"Omaru1982" for posting a review.

So happy to hear the 3 hour runtime was an entertaining experience for you.  

Both Ls and I are big fans of the "open ended/ambiguous" horror endings, so I am glad it worked for you.  Plus, it was a cool way to work in some nice footage from remake.

My sincere thanks to jimmy-jesus for your review on Omen Revelations. Glad the multi-narratives worked well for you and your friend!  Yeah, the finale to Final Conflict is a little weak for sure, but without using loads of apocalyptic style footage from other movies, I didn't see how to enhance or improve it unfortunately.

On behalf of Last Survivor and myself, we would like to thank everyone who nominated this fan edit for the Paradigm Award!
We are very honored.

It was an incredibly fun project to collaborate on and I think it is one of Last Survivor's best works to date. :)

Back
Top Bottom