• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Change playback sequence on DVD

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
is it possible to use vobblanker to make a one title set follow on from another instead of going back to the main menu.

and if so, how? i've had a look at vobblanker and its looks... complicated. ive also had a look at a few tutorials but none of them state how to do what i need.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I *think* you can also do this with DVDReMakePro. Though, its not the easiest program in the world to use either. You may want to give that a look if you are stumped with VOBblanker.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
cheers throw, i'll give it a go, just the thought of having to reup 6 odd gig is making me wince :(

tranzor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
I *think* you can also do this with DVDReMakePro. Though, its not the easiest program in the world to use either. You may want to give that a look if you are stumped with VOBblanker.

you can do anything with dvdremakepro. I use that all the time. I still consider it one of the most essential dvd tools to have

the original question: yes you can do this with remake pro, you just change the command (under the post tab) of where you want the dvd to go after whatever feature is played. Of course if you want to go techie and more complicated you could also make a play all button and do it that way with added commands

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
tranzor said:
ThrowgnCpr said:

you can do anything with dvdremakepro. I use that all the time. I still consider it one of the most essential dvd tools to have

the original question: yes you can do this with remake pro, you just change the command (under the post tab) of where you want the dvd to go after whatever feature is played. Of course if you want to go techie and more complicated you could also make a play all button and do it that way with added commands

thats great news! i really wasnt looking forward to reauthoring the whole DVD again. i dont suppose you could step me through the process could you? ive looked at remakepro, pgcedit and ifoedit and im sorry to say but im totally stumped :???:

tranzor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
refresh me, besides the audio change was the edit still split between two different pgcs (example title 1 with pgc 1 and pgc2) or is it now two different title sets?

best part of remake is that it will (one of the few export options) allow you to "export modified files". Since it is just a command change this means that pretty much the only files it would export and you then use to overwrite the older ones would be the ifo/bup files. Whatever it exports you overwrite over the originals

tranzor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
you know I was even thinking (though it would call for a re-upload) if it is still 2 pgcs but both are the same format then you could even use remakepro to append the 2nd pgc to the end of the first. This way it would truly be one video file and you would no longer have to worry about it being two separate pgcs. It would also carry over the chapters but add them to the count of the first (if pgc2 lets say had 10 chapters and pgc 1 had 21, appended, would then mean pgc2's chapter 1 would turn into chapter 22 and go from there)

I should just sang your newer upgrade, fix the command issue and just up the fixed ifo/bup files

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thats even better news! yeah the structure is the same as modernknifes original so part 1 of the movie is in VTS1 and part2 of the movie is in VTS2.

i just need to change the finish playback link from part1 to point to part 2 without going back to the menu.

EDIT: heres the structure from Remake

kbstructure.jpg

if theres anymore info you need let me know.

tranzor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Be even easier for me then to just tell you what to do

using the window you have listed above do this

1. Under VIDEO TITTLE SET 1
2. click on PGC1 under the Program chain
3. Click on the POST Commands Tab (step 4 and 5 you can skip if the dvd is already set like this, read below)
4. If is this the way I think it is you will probably see a command
with something like this: CALL VMG PGC (whatever number it has)
If it has that, RIGHT click on it (the command) and hit COPY. We are going to paste that command under the POST command options for PGC2. This way it guarantees once the film is truly over it goes back to the main menu. IF PGC2 has this command already then just ignore this step as well as step 5 and GO TO STEP 6

5. NOW Click on PGC2 and go under the POST commands. If no command is present or at least no CALL VMG PGC command is there, delete (if anything) what is listed under post commands (select the command by clicking on it, right click, delete). Once the post command box is empty, right click and this will paste the post command copied from pgc1 onto pgc2. Now after the film is over it will go back to the main menu

6. Ignoring step 4 and 5, we continue from step 3. Right now we are on the POST command tab under PGC1. DELETE any commands that are listed under the tab (right click on the command and hit delete).

7. Right now you should be under the post command tab for pgc1 and that whole box should be empty showing no commands at all.
8 RIGHT click somewhere in the post command box and choose the option "ADD COMMAND"
9. We are going to link pgc1 with pgc 2. SO after pgc 1 plays it will tell the dvd to continue on and go to pgc2
10. SO right click in the post command box, select add command. A new drop down box will appear. From that select "link instructions". Once this is done, on the bottom of that link instruction box you will see an option to place two check marks to enable even more options. SELECT THE VERY BOTTOM ONE. NOT the one that has the words "condition" next to it
11. In this new box choose this option "link pgc". Once you do this you will see the pgc# box showing 0. Change that to "2".

12. That is it! That was all yu had to do. NOW under "file" on the top left, choose tthe export option of "export modified files", and save them somewhere on your pc. With the files that are exported you use those to overwrite what is in the dvd video_ts folder (if you still have this on your hard drive). Now when you play it, the disc should go fro,m the first film and right into the second. Burn your disc.

13. Likewise you can also just make an archive of those exported files and upload it making sure people know that every file in that archive is going to overwrite what file is in that dvd folder--

I am sure i made this more confusing then it should have been

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
tranzor said:
I am sure i made this more confusing then it should have been

Not at all!! in fact it worked first time 8) dude you are a star!

Thank you thank you thank you.

tranzor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You're welcome. Now just pass me those files!!!

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
already available from the faneditors section here or on the thread at linkthingy.

Top Bottom