• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Captain America: The First Avenger - Star Spangled Edition

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
BSSZzPn.png

Well that's...new?

A simple extended edition adding back 3 out of the 4 deleted scenes from Cap's first outing

- Added the Howling Commandos in the Battle of Azzano, with an Uber Tank being unleashed on the field
- Added Stark talking about the impossibilities of the Hydra Grenade, and Cap getting his medal from the ceremony he skipped
- Extended scene with Steve and Fury in the epilogue

gxHPrZm.png

lapis molari

Better edits through feedback.
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Will you add the Avengers 1 deleted scene of Cap at a cafe terrace drawing Stark Tower? After that, Cap takes the subway to his gym where Fury finds him.

In the deleted scene you see the actual Metlife building above Grand Central. Someone posted a video on YouTube where they inserted Stark Tower. It has Stark Tower inserted into every New York skyline shot where Marvel erroneously showed Metlife. Mostly their TV series.

stferguson78

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Were there unfinished SFX in the first of those scenes? From memory I recall one of the scenes on the disc did

Problem Eliminator

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I would love to see the Howling Commandos battle with finished (or at least more complete) SFX. I like the scene, but the unfinished SFX prevented me from including it in my own edit.

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I cut the unfinished effects and a shot of Bucky looking at the Uber tank, split the finished effects shot in half and added some score with a fade to white 

I wanted to add some kind of blue element to the tank barrel, but I had no idea how I was going to, I think the scene works good as is though

lapis molari said:
Will you add the Avengers 1 deleted scene of Cap at a cafe terrace drawing Stark Tower? After that, Cap takes the subway to his gym where Fury finds him.

In the deleted scene you see the actual Metlife building above Grand Central. Someone posted a video on YouTube where they inserted Stark Tower. It has Stark Tower inserted into every New York skyline shot where Marvel erroneously showed Metlife. Mostly their TV series.

I didn't add it as I felt the ending was already too long with the extended Fury scene, as much as I love the Steve scenes from A1, they don't quite belong there at TFA's conclusion. I am planning on doing something else with them though, probably a short edit. I will look into that Stark Tower replacement though, I think I saw it a few years back

flaminio

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Any chance of a version set entirely in the 1940s?

I'm still kind of hoping to someday see an extended edition without the present day bits, and then a pseudo-One Shot companion piece with the present day bits coupled with the Avengers deleted scene and whatever other footage might be appropriate. This video shows what one person did to complete the SFX in the Avengers scene:

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I’ve got a first draft of that one-shot actually, I was thinking about using some scenes from the Winter Soldier too like the Smithsonian scene, but I don’t think I’ll use them so that this short could be used between TFA and TWS. I’ll upload it sometime soon, but it’s not technically perfect.

I’ve also been taking a few notes on what to cut from TFA as well in the case of a fanfic, with the film ending in the 40s, but it’s not too extensive yet so I’ll keep you posted.

hbenthow

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bobson Dugnutt said:
I’ve also been taking a few notes on what to cut from TFA as well in the case of a fanfic, with the film ending in the 40s, but it’s not too extensive yet so I’ll keep you posted.

By "fanfic", do you mean a written story as opposed to a video fanedit? I have some ideas for a way to edit the actual movie to end in the 1940s without Cap getting frozen. I wrote them down at the post linked here.

Top Bottom