• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Galaxy Quest: Sons of Warvan Edition

revstevens

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Has anyone watched "Never Surrender" yet?

I saw it yesterday and decided to throw a Galaxy Quest edit together. I know. It's a flawless movie. But the director and writer made a good point about a late addition to the movie that they didn't like (showing the limo beaming up) AND they showed a clip of Sigourney's f-bomb. So, I cut the limo in the alley and restored the f-bomb (going to have to do a stereo mix-down to get that in). That's all I'm changing. Is anyone else interested in this? Or should I just keep it for myself?

wilhelm scream said:
I'm interested.

Ok then. I'll put some spit and polish on it, then. I'll let you know when it's done. Might be a few weeks before if some other stuff I'm working on though.

revstevens said:
wilhelm scream said:
I'm interested.

Ok then. I'll put some spit and polish on it, then. I'll let you know when it's done. Might be a few weeks before if some other stuff I'm working on though.

It's OK, I can wait.

A cover and disc I made for this. Final runtime still to be determined. Final runtime 102 minutes. Image link isn't working for some reason... So you get links!

Here's those images embedded here
Ew6M8aZ.jpg

Ypb4Iap.png

I haven't seen the film, but I've always heard great things. Did you only make those two changes or is there more to it? Either way, I'll pick up the Blu-Ray to watch your edit

Bobson Dugnutt said:
Here's those images embedded here
Ew6M8aZ.jpg

Ypb4Iap.png

I haven't seen the film, but I've always heard great things. Did you only make those two changes or is there more to it? Either way, I'll pick up the Blu-Ray to watch your edit

Just those two. It's a damn near perfect movie and didn't even need these changes. But I'd slightly prefer to have them than not have them.

** EDIT : Side note. I like your work and hearing that you're willing to pick up a copy of the flick so that you can watch my edit is cool to hear.

wilhelm scream said:
revstevens said:
wilhelm scream said:
I'm interested.

It's OK, I can wait.

Turns out that the only thing you have to wait on is for me to get around to putting it up somewhere. It's done and submitted to IFDB. I'll message you when I have more info.

How much time is removed/added?

You don't need up downmix the movie to stereo. You can do some audio processing to the stereo file to create a surround file out of it. It takes a little to figure it out, but the skill would be a valuable one for further editing ventures. I did this to an entire movie to create a 5.1 mix from a 2.0 stereo track.

DigModiFicaTion said:
How much time is removed/added?

You don't need up downmix the movie to stereo. You can do some audio processing to the stereo file to create a surround file out of it. It takes a little to figure it out, but the skill would be a valuable one for further editing ventures. I did this to an entire movie to create a 5.1 mix from a 2.0 stereo track.

I may look at doing that for a version 2 one day. But, for now, stereo is quick and good enough that I can watch it without hating life.

Plus my ears are complete crap (side effect of KISS and Alice Cooper concerts I'm afraid).

Motleys Fanedits said:
Wait, Sigourney's F-bomb still exists?

It makes me wonder, what other deleted material have we not seen yet that still exsists?

wilhelm scream said:
Motleys Fanedits said:
Wait, Sigourney's F-bomb still exists?

It makes me wonder, what other deleted material have we not seen yet that still exsists?

Apparently, there was a whole R-rated cut. But some movie came out that was rated G and did well and DreamWorks mandated that this one be toned down.

Honestly, though, I don't think I'd want to watch that version. I think one dirty word is fucking perfect for this movie.

Ive loved this movie since seeing it as a kid, this sounds cool revstevens id be interested.

DigModiFicaTion could you pm me a link/info to more info on tht stereo to surround technique sounds interesting

Closer2God said:
DigModiFicaTion could you pm me a link/info to more info on tht stereo to surround technique sounds interesting

The process was relatively simple and was briefly outlined in two posts here.

Thread moved. This is on ifdb now.

Did you come back and do a 5.1 version of this edit? I watched 'Never Surrender' at a Fandom event and didn't catch the lament about the limo scene but it would be nice to see the F-Bomb back in as I think it would work well as the only one in the movie. (To many would ruin the homage to Trek)

Back
Top Bottom