• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Avengers: Age of Ultron - Extinction Edition:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Avengers: Age of Ultron - Extinction Edition:

A very good fan edit of one of my least favorite Marvel films. Version 1.9 of the Extinction Edition is a technically superb edit that salvages some, but not all, of the theatrical version's problems. My partner and I watched together and both felt the added focus on Wanda and her twin brother gave the movie a better throughline. On a narrative-level, that was the strongest upgrade. Making them a more central focus also allowed Tony to be a better short-term villain.

The biggest problem that an extended edition cannot overcome is the awful scenes between Black Widow and Bruce. I love both characters, but no and no. Their scenes move slower than a cryogenically frozen iceberg. There are also lingering generic sequences such as the subway car fight that seem to result from Whedon burning out. The theatrical version just was "meh" compared to the rest of the MCU and Whedon's first Avengers that was a classic.

None of those complaints are to take anything away from the masterful integration of new scenes, special effects, and audio. This is my "go to" of Ultron and makes it a pleasant experience rather than the one I've been -- like an old man at a bird -- ranting at while doing Marvel binges. You've lowered my blood pressure and thank you for that!

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/avengers-age-of-ultron-extinction-edition/discussions/10882/

Top Bottom