• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Friday the 13th Part X: Jason Goes To Space

youngy94

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
1XmXr0q.jpg

Fanedit Title: Friday the 13th Part X: Jason Goes to Space
Faneditor Name: youngy94
Tagline: "Evil Gets An Upgrade."
Original Movie Title: Jason X
Genre: Horror
Franchise: Friday the 13th
Fanedit Type: FanFix
Original Release Date: 2001
Original Running Time: 91
Fanedit Running Time: 65
Time Cut: 26

Brief Synopsis:
Jason Voorhees returns with a new look, a new machete, and his same murderous attitude as he is awakened on a spaceship in the 25th century, once awake Jason begins killing the students and crew of the ship.

Intention:
I'm a huge fan of the Friday the 13th series, unfortunately this movie was a mess and didn't live up to the previous movies, so I felt it needed an edit to give the series the proper send off it deserved. To remove all the bad dialogue and all the attempt at humour that fell short and didn't help the movie in anyway.

Rescored opening
Cut solider throwing blanket over Jason
Trimmed soliders walking
Trimmed dialogue between Rowan & Dr Wimmer
Trimmed soliders walking to Jason
Trimmed Rowan shooting Jason
Cut students walking down the stairs
Trimmed students searching room
Cut all scenes with Azrael having no arm
Recoloured students walking back to ship
Trimmed students flying back to the ship
Cut after Brodski & Lowe small talk
Cut Lowe talking to Perez & Janessa walking in
Cut Lowe & Janessa in the bedroom
Trimmed Adrienne examining Jason
Cut Kay-Em & Tsunaron talking
Cut Stoney & Kinsa having sex
Cut Jason walking the hallway
Cut Stoney dying
Cut Kinsa crying about Stoney
Cut Brodski & Lowe talking
Cut Brodski talking to his soldiers
Rescored soliders trying to kill Jason
Cut soldiers finding dead bodies
Cut talking around Condors death
Trimmed Brodski getting stabbed
Cut Lowe talking after Brodski gets stabbed
Cut Fat Lou talking to Solaris
Cut Rowan walking to the door after Jason hits it
Cut Janessas "stick your head out and have a peek "
Cut Lowe talking to Jason
Cut Rowans "can you beem us off"
Cut students finding dead body
Cut Kay-Em & Tsunaron talking & kissing
Cut Rowan, Janessa & Kinsa walking
Trimmed Crutch's death
Trimmed Kinsa crying on shuttle
Cut Tsunaron introducing Kay-Em
Cut Janessa falling over
Cut Kay-Em saying "I was built ready baby"
Rescored Jason at Crystal Lake
Added montage during credits
Rescored credits

lapis molari

Better edits through feedback.
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Can you post a video clip? E.g. one that show a transition where you made a cut? To give an idea of how you're changing the dialog / flow and to show how smooth the transition is.

Good luck on making this as scary as it can be.

youngy94

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here is a small cut that I did after Brodski and Lowe small talk. I cut about a minute of small talk between several people as this makes the movie flow a little better as the small talk between these people isn't really needed

[video=dailymotion]

youngy94

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here is a cut after Brodski and Lowe small talk when the students get back to the ship. I've cut about a minute which was just small talk between different people that didn't really need to there and cutting this helps keep the movie flowing

lapis molari

Better edits through feedback.
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
youngy94 said:
Here is a cut after Brodski and Lowe small talk

I see what you're going for. The cut looks to be in a good place, and the sound is good.

You can improve the transition by cutting the video a little earlier: after Lowe starts to turn right, but before Brodski starts to turn right. Brodski looks left when Lowe starts to walk to the right. Cut there and the next shot will connect better, because now it won't look like Brodski is following right behind Lowe. You may need to continue a word or two from the first scene over the start of the next.

Good luck!

youngy94

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here's another part of the movie I have edited. I cut Rowan shooting Jason multiple times, so now she only shoots him once then he falls into the chamber

youngy94

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here I have cut out the talking scenes around Condor fighting Jason and his death, as I feel like cutting these out helps it flow better as cutting away from this takes away the from the action and doesn't help the scene

youngy94

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here is another edit I have made to the scene where everyone is in the room and Jason bangs on the door. I cut out Janessa saying to Rowan " why don't you just stick your head out and have a peek" which is just silly to say as we know no one would ever do that with Jason outside the door especially Rowan who is an expert on Jason and knows what he is capable of

I have finally finished cutting all parts of the movie that I wanted to and I am now going to rescore some scenes and add a few things in

[video=mixer]

youngy94

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here is another edit I have made to the scene where everyone is in the room and Jason bangs on the door. I cut out Janessa saying to Rowan " why don't you just stick your head out and have a peek" which is just silly to say as we know no one would ever do that with Jason outside the door especially Rowan who is an expert on Jason and knows what he is capable of

I have finally finished cutting all parts of the movie that I wanted to and I am now going to rescore some scenes and add a few things in

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
lapis molari said:
youngy94 said:
Here is a cut after Brodski and Lowe small talk

I see what you're going for. The cut looks to be in a good place, and the sound is good.

You can improve the transition by cutting the video a little earlier: after Lowe starts to turn right, but before Brodski starts to turn right. Brodski looks left when Lowe starts to walk to the right. Cut there and the next shot will connect better, because now it won't look like Brodski is following right behind Lowe. You may need to continue a word or two from the first scene over the start of the next.

Good luck!

I would fully agree with lapis on  this.  Also, make sure you take time the blend the audio transition - as it stands you can tell there's an unnatural cut there as there is a kind of "blip" sound as it goes to the next scene.

youngy94 said:
Here's another part of the movie I have edited. I cut Rowan shooting Jason multiple times, so now she only shoots him once then he falls into the chamber

Yep, scene is a good idea, but again the sound transition just needs a little fine tuning.  Not much - maybe just a case of simply cross-fading, to make it flow naturally

youngy94 said:
Here I have cut out the talking scenes around Condor fighting Jason and his death, as I feel like cutting these out helps it flow better as cutting away from this takes away the from the action and doesn't help the scene

Yep, this one seems to be almost good to go ;)

youngy94 said:

And this one seems on the money.  Like your approach with this one... I advise just taking time on the audio transitions ;)  Good luck!

youngy94

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for the feedback :) , I'm going to go over all the cuts I have made and make sure they all transition well

youngy94

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have finished adding in audio transitions to each cut that I made so that each transition now sounds better and flows more naturally. I want to say thank you to LastSurvivor for saying about audio transitions as I didn't know about them as I'm still new to editing movies so adding them in has made my transitions sound much better.

I'm am now going back to see what scenes I can add back in as I have cut to much and the movie now doesn't go for long enough, because just adding in what I'm going to the time still wouldn't be enough. So adding a few scenes back in and adding what I'm going to will make the movie go for a resonable time.

youngy94

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have now finished adding back in a few scenes and adding some things and went over all the audio transitions to make sure they sound good, now I'm going to rescore some scenes that I think could do with a rescoring.

youngy94

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here is a rescore I've done when Tsunaron uses Crystal Lake as a diversion for Jason, I have added in Friday the 13th theme and I'm interested in feedback

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Archived upon request.  Notify a staff member to reactivate at a later date.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thread reactivated.

youngy94

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm back after having a break and will be working on this along with my other edit spending 2-3 days a week on each.

Here is a rescore I did yesterday, I used the Jason VII theme and I think it suits the opening. I'm interested in feedback on what other people think and whether this suits or I should just stick with the original.

youngy94

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here is another rescore I have done when the soldiers try to kill Jason, I rescored with some music which I feel sounds pretty good and I'm interested in feedback on if it suits the scene

youngy94

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have made good progress on this edit and I have done all the cuts I wanted to and have rescored a few scenes, I still need to add in a few more rescores and fix anything that needs it but I'm happy with how it currently is  :)

If anyone would like to watch my edit so I can get some feedback on what people think and any changes that need to be made and things that should to be added to improve my edit, PM me for the link  :)

Urban Monitor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
youngy94 said:
Here is a rescore I've done when Tsunaron uses Crystal Lake as a diversion for Jason, I have added in Friday the 13th theme and I'm interested in feedback

In my opinion you can use parts of the score but not all of it. This is more a score for a chasing scene and here Jason is figuring where he is at, he is a bit confuse. But some moments it works well, like the part when Jason tilts his head. 
youngy94 said:
I'm back after having a break and will be working on this along with my other edit spending 2-3 days a week on each.

Here is a rescore I did yesterday, I used the Jason VII theme and I think it suits the opening. I'm interested in feedback on what other people think and whether this suits or I should just stick with the original.

Good idea, just blend it with the SFX and it can work with some cuts here and there.

Maybe you can use parts of the theme of part VII in that cabin scene  (check at 1:12)

Good luck with your edit! I´m curious to see! :D

Top Bottom