• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Halloween Resurrection: The Final Chapter

youngy94

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
YNGDjvI.jpg

Fanedit Title: Halloween Resurrection: The Final Chapter
Faneditor Name: youngy94
Tagline: "Evil Finds Its Way Home."
Original Movie Title: Halloween Resurrection
Genre: Horror
Franchise: Halloween
Fanedit Type: FanFix
Original Release Date: 2002
Original Running Time: 94
Fanedit Running Time: 66
Time Cut: 34
Time Added: 6

Brief Synopsis:
A group of college students have decided to spend a night in the infamous Myers house as part of a reality show. Unknown to them Michael Myers has been living in his old house, now locked in the house and being picked off one by one, everyone fights to survive the night with Michael Myers.

Intention:
Halloween Resurrection: The Final Chapter is an attempt to recut and slightly restructure the film, to make Michael Myers seem less like a joke and more terrifying as he has been in past movies. Character scenes have been either trimmed or cut and Laurie Strode no longer dies at the start of the movie, ensuring that a new finale happens.

Laurie Strode is introduced at the Sanatorium, but does not die at the start of the film
Cut Laurie's opening monologue
Rescored opening scene showing Laurie Strode
Cut all contestant interviews expect Sara's
Cut Sara driving to Freddie's apartment to say she's quitting
Cut girls going into town to shop for new clothes
Trimmed Freddie talking to contestants
Trimmed cameraman setting up
Cut Freddie & Nora toasting before Bill's death
Trimmed Bill's death
Cut Freddie & Nora toasting during Bill's death
Trimmed Freddie & Nora talking after Bill's death
Trimmed Jim & Donna talking & kissing
Cut Sara falling into cupboard
Cut Freddie dressed as Michael talking to the real Michael
Cut Jen & Rudy smoking weed
Trimmed Freddie's dialogue to the contestants after he grabs Sara
Cut Freddie's dramatic laughing as he goes off to scare more people
Trimmed Jen finding Bill
Rescored Michael going after Sara, Rudy & Jim
Trimmed Freddie & Sarah fighting Michael
Trimmed Freddie kicking Michael out of the window
Cut Freddie's trick or treak
Trimmed Freddie's final fight with Michael
Cut Freddie's, "hey mikey, happy f'ing halloween."
Cut Freddie speaking to reporters
New finale created, with Michael Myers escaping the fire and going to the Sanatorium to hunt down Laurie Strode
Cut security guards
Cut Michael repeatedly trying to burst through Laurie's door
Rescored Michael chasing Laurie
Surprise during the credits (Halloween fans will appreciate)

Here is one of the many edits I have made to this movie. I rescored the opening and cut Laurie's dialogue and changed it so she doesn't die at the beginning of the movie, which I believe is how it should have been as killing off Laurie in the beginning was a big mistake

Here is one of the many edits I have made to this movie, this is the ending part of the opening just to show how it looks. I rescored the opening and cut Laurie's dialogue and changed it so she doesn't die at the beginning of the movie, which I believe is how it should have been as killing off Laurie in the beginning was a big mistake

Here is another edit which I think is better. I cut Bill talking in the mirror before Michael comes through and grabs him and I also cut Freddie and Nora toasting during his death, so now it's just one scene which I believe is how it should be when Michael is killing someone as cutting away takes away from the action

Here I have trimmed the final fight and some unnecessary dialogue to help it flow better. I cut Freddie's "trick or treat" then him hitting Michael multiple times, so now he just tries to strike Michael once. Then when Michael grabs the weapon I cut Freddie saying "no,no" so now as soon as Michael grabs the weapon he hits Freddie into the wall

Here I cut out Freddie's ridiculous kung fu actions and noises before he kicks Michael out of the window as I felt this needed to be cut, so now he just kicks Michael out of the window.

I have also sent my edit into the academy for review, so cross fingers they like it :)

If anyone wants to view my edit feel free to PM me and I will send you the link. This is my first edit and I'm happy with how it turned out

Love that poster art.

I've watched this edit for the Academy Review. Sorry it took me a while to get round to it.

Cutting this down to an hour has succeeded in making this film much less awful. Book-ending the film with Laurie scenes was a nice idea too. There are a few little audio problems that need fixed at the beginning, the middle is mostly perfect but after the 53-minute mark it's all over the place. From that point on it probably all needs redone/rethought from scratch. All the fading in and out does not work. I've probably missed some of the audio problems in the last 10-minutes, there were so many. Here is a list of them:

00.02.14 - The volume of the intro music drops suddenly.
00.02.22 - The volume of the music drops again
00.02.47 - You can still hear the end of a cymbal crash from whatever music you took out from the University establishing shot. Plus the Halloween theme music ends abruptly.
00.29.49 - It sounds like an audio cut after the Taiwan line. It's only just noticeable but could be improved.
00.45.15 - The cut to the scene of Myers being kicked out the window doesn't work, it's far too abrupt.

00.53.04 - Sudden fade out and fade back in again. This doesn't work. Accompanied by the audio just cutting out.
00.53.45 - Another fade down and up. Audio stops dead again. What is going on?
00.53.49 - Another fade down and up, just a few seconds after the last one. Audio stops again.
00.53.58 - Another fade down and up. The last one was just an establishing shot for this scene, so why fade between them? Audio stop again.
00.54.17 - Loud music suddenly starts in the middle of a piece.
00.54.34 - An abrupt change between two pieces of music.
00.54.53 - A massive jump from one piece of music, to totally different sound and a louder piece of music halfway through a piece.
00.55.29 - Very strange here, the music keeps shifting in volume every few seconds and then cuts out before it has finished.
01.00.14 - As the credits suddenly appear we abruptly switch from the Halloween theme, to a louder version of the theme at a different place in the music.
01.02.05 - Why are we cutting from the end credits scroll to a studio titlecard, then the opening titles, then back to the end credits? Pausing the credits to show a retrospective of all Myers' kills just about works, pausing them to play other credits definitely doesn't.
01.05.25 - It sounds like the music is skipping like a broken record at a few points.

Hope that isn't to dispiriting. It mostly just needs the last 10-mins to be as smooth as the rest of the edit. Let me know if anything I've typed isn't clear, or if I can help in any way. When you've sorted the above problems, let me know and I'll watch it again. Thanks.

p.s. Posting some test clips (like the ones above) of the changes can be helpful in getting feedback.

Thanks TM2YC for reviewing my edit, I appreciate the feedback and what needs to be fixed, I will get all these fixed asap  :)

youngy94 said:
Thanks TM2YC for reviewing my edit, I appreciate the feedback and what needs to be fixed, I will get all these fixed asap  :)

No problemo. No need for ASAP, take your time to get it perfected :) .

Sorry this took me some time to get round to but I've finished watching the 2nd version.

It all works much beter now, especially the music edits. I liked the slow crossfades you've done in the aftermath of Myers gets electrocuted. Some of the music changes in the epilogue could still be a little smoother and the end credits would look more professional if you remade them but they are small issues. So this is approved.

49890564981_605bbe7335.jpg

This is now on ifdb Halloween fans.

Back
Top Bottom