• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Doctor Strange: The Mystical Cut

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

k9ksFyb.png

A quick little extended edition using the finished scenes from the BR and alternate ending from the Infinity Saga boxset

ADDITIONS
- Strange helps a dog with an injured leg in Kathmandu before getting beaten up by street thugs
- Strange and Mordo walk through the Karma Taj courtyard as he enters for the first time
- Strange meets with Daniel Drumm before he is violently murdered by the Zealots
- Alternate ending with Wong and Strange discussing music trivia in the NY Sanctum and also namedropping Mordo's disappearance

C9TCiW2.jpg

@"Bobson Dugnutt" , does this mean you're working on two different Dr Strange edits simultaneously? Or is this instead of your Dark Dimensions?

Seems like this is purely extended while Dark Dimensions also contains editorial decisions (like cutting Thor out), no?

Question, @"Bobson Dugnutt" did you choose these particular additional scenes because they were finished? Or were there other criteria?

lifeincontext said:
Question, @"Bobson Dugnutt" did you choose these particular additional scenes because they were finished? Or were there other criteria?

I picked them because they had no unfinished VFX, two scenes included on the BR had unfinished effects for Mads Mikkelsen's magical stabbing things, they were good scenes but had to be left out due to that VFX. I mean I could still make a workprint after all. 

But if it was up to me, I wouldn't use any of the deleted scenes besides the alt. ending and one of the unfinished scenes.

Bobson Dugnutt said:
lifeincontext said:

I picked them because they had no unfinished VFX, two scenes included on the BR had unfinished effects for Mads Mikkelsen's magical stabbing things, they were good scenes but had to be left out due to that VFX. I mean I could still make a workprint after all. 

But if it was up to me, I wouldn't use any of the deleted scenes besides the alt. ending and one of the unfinished scenes.

Appreciate the answer! I was just curious, since I knew a few other scenes were included. Yeah, that scene where he kills the priest has some really great moments. If only...lol

But great work on this edit. I love it!

Watched this a while ago, but didn't take the time to write about it. Great work, as always!

Back
Top Bottom