• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Passengers: Aurora:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Passengers: Aurora:

As someone who steered clear of the theatrical cut, I decided to watch your take on the material after reading a number of positive reviews. I'm glad I did. This was a fascinating look at love, the human struggle against loneliness, and the will to protect one's fellow passenger.

Jennifer Lawrence is a generational talent. One of the reasons that I avoided the theatrical version was it looking to focus so heavily on Chris Pratt and him moping around. This edit fixes any potential narrative flab and -- as another reviewer mentions -- heightens the mystery elements in the process.

Across the board, this is a beautiful looking and sounding film. A few spots have too sentimental music for my taste but that cannot be helped I suspect.

I've seen a number of fan edits on here that rank as stellar experiences. This isn't an epic film in need of a longer cut. At 82 minutes, it offers a subtle look at two people learning to forgive and move forward. A great lesson compared to so many sci-fi films that cast humanity in such a negative light.

I'll make sure to keep an eye on your future edits!

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/passengers-aurora/discussions/10825/

Top Bottom