• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Recommend me a TV show.....

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
With Battlestar having now passed on, as well as Stargate, Boston Legal and Fringe only having like 1 episode left....Can someone recommend me something new to watch?

I like quirky, oddball stuff - Buffy, Angel, House, 30 Rock, Boston Legal are all up my street. I like sci-fi and supernatural stuff. The Dead Zone was fantastic as is Lost and well, Heroes to some extent.

Not so much into stuff like CSI, Law and Order, Cold Case etc. -_-

Already watching Terminator and Dollhouse.

Doesn't necessarily have to be a new show and could be a cancelled one that I haven't watched.....

InfoDroid

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kings! :)

http://www.nbc.com/Kings/

Journeyman was great too, if you've never checked that out. You can probably find a torrent with the whole series on it. It only lasted one season...but what a season! That one had me hooked.

--ID

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I knew you'd say that :lol:

May give it a go.

Ghostcut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Green Wing, an utterly fantastic surrealist comedy set in a hospital, but no-one seems to really be doing any actual work. Two series and a one-off special before it ended. Channel 4 in the UK.

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Like the cast/writers behind that one....

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I suggest:
head_top_logo-carnivale.png

and

:wink:

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am just spouting out shows I watch:

Lost
The Office
Fight of the Conchords
Locked Up Abroad
How Its Made
TerminatorSCC
Heroes
Always Sunny In Philadelphia
X-Files
Fringe
Futurama
Simpsons

joebshmoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
dexter - a show about a serial killer with a moral code. also ripe for fanediting as each season follows a single main story arc.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Old and i expect you've probably seen half of these but they're all extremely good.

A Very Peculiar Practice
The Kingdom
Kingdom Hospital
Drawn Together
Coupling
Chelmsford 123
Boys from the Blackstuff
Brass Eye
Jam
Blott on the Landscape
Monkeydust (Legendary!!!)
Naked Video
Neverwhere (Neil Gaimens)
Operation Good Guys

joebshmoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
of COURSE twin peaks. yes. for sure.

FM - have you seen dexter season 3? any comments? i've netflixed seasons 1 & 2 and eagerly waiting S3 on DVD :)

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
how could I forget Twin Peaks :oops:
damn fine coffee and cherry pie!

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Cool. Lots to be going on with.

Dexter - I have season 1 and for various reasons never got past the first few eps. :roll:

I started Twin Peaks and once again got distracted. :roll:

Thanks for the suggestions guys. :D

JMB

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm going to second "Flight of the Conchords" and add "Robot Chicken".

FatherMerrin

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
joebshmoe said:
FM - have you seen dexter season 3? any comments? i've netflixed seasons 1 & 2 and eagerly waiting S3 on DVD :)

I haven't seen Season 3 yet. :cry: But, I loved the 1st two seasons, so fingers crossed. :) :oops:

Jack Tourette

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dexter is probably the best scripted show on television. I have never been so riveted by a show. Eastbound and Down was good too, in it's short 6 episode run. I know this is an offbeat choice, but Survivor is extremely good yet again after numerous seasons of lackluster. I am sure those could use a fanedit :p

Relentless666

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Daybreak - a story about a cop who has to fix a shitty day that keeps repeating. It's just one season, but it's one of my favorite shows. Acting is great, story too.

FarScape - One of the best sci-fi shows I've watched. Funny as hell too. Ben Browder's character is amasing. If someone looks like a klingon, he'd say it in his face. Plus you get Claudia Black who is way awesome playing a bad soldier girl.

zeppelinrox

Reaction score
Trophy Points
shows not mentioned that I like:
Californication

Shows I'm thinking about watching:
The Wire is supposed to be fantastic
Jericho
Roswell
The 4400 (Highly rated show but apparently, ends on a cliffhanger)

About the 4400, it has a really cool premise where 4400 people who had vanished over many years suddenly return and is supposed to be alot better than Heroes. I'm guessing superpowers may be involved. (I don't want to read up on it too much so as not to spoil it for me, just in case I do watch it)

Top Bottom