• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Battlestar Galactica: Saga of a Starworld - The Enhanced Edit:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Battlestar Galactica: Saga of a Starworld - The Enhanced Edit:

I finally got around to watching this side-by-side with the original version. Without direct comparison, I wasn't able to tell what was edited. @"dkerin" 's editing is just that good!

His added ships blend in more seamlessly than the original ones. The Cylon Leader's view screen looks so natural and good that I think Larson had intended to do that but ran out of time or money. The multiplication of Vipers on Carillon's surface looks natural and fits the story better. The scene with Apollo walking through the mine is a far less distracting than the original.

Only one added effect seems incorrect in a few shots: the red nebula during the Carillon battle sometimes looks like a planet-sized object inside that solar system instead of star-nebula-sized object very far away.

The 720p render is a bit softer than the blu-ray, and the stereo sound is a bit less impressive than the blu-ray's 5.1. Despite these two details, I heartily recommend this edit as a superior replacement over the original!

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/battlestar...tarworld-the-enhanced-edit/discussions/10802/

Top Bottom