• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points

This is a great edit of the film I particularly like the pacing improvements and moving the final scene earlier in the movie so that it doesn't undermine Ellie's voyage (in the original she basically acts like nothing ever happened). My only minor criticism was that in a couple of the edits you can tell that a bit has been cut as the actors have changed position too quickly (but that is inevitable with the source material). The relationship between Palmer and Ellie is improved with this edit and I like the fact that the problem of who looked after Ellie after her dad died is resolved (or at least no longer stands out as a question). Technically I can't fault the edits that were made (many of which I only spotted because I know the original so well). I would definitely recommend this edit as an improvement on the original.

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/contact-a-personal-voyage/discussions/10795/

Back
Top Bottom