• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Hobbit: The Anti-Cringe Cut, The:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hobbit: The Anti-Cringe Cut, The:

Like most people, I was disappointed with the theatrical releases of The Hobbit. The pieces and performances were there, but the format felt off- I always felt it was a mistake trying to mirror the LOTR trilogy with much lighter, more whimsical material- it either needed an entirely new direction, or an entirely different format.

The films really dragged for me, and while some fanedits improved this slightly, none nailed it (including the film cut here). However, re-cutting the films into hour long episodes if a fantastic idea that fixes a lot of these issues and makes the content a lot more enjoyable as a whole.

DonKamillo's edting is excellent- the cuts are more or less seamless, each episode moves with pace and intention and nothing that's been removed is missed. The episodes end perfectly, giving the narrative time to breath and the audience time to digest everything. As a miniseries, with the cuts DonKamillo has made, The Hobbit finally works as a companion piece to the Lord of the Rings movies.

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/hobbit-the-anti-cringe-cut-the/discussions/10785/

Top Bottom