If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Bond 25: No Time To Die
(09-08-2020, 02:33 PM)Driver Wrote: Really hope this movie ends Daniel Craig's run on a good note, unlike the mess that was Spectre.  Sick

I hope they leave the attempts at film-to-film story continuity when he leaves to (which is the cause of many of the problems in Spectre).  I say go back to stand-alone Bond adventures and the old take-it-or-leave attitude to series continuity Big Grin .

I hope the Lashana Lynch character is going to be a sidekick for Bond. I like those rare Bond films ('You Only Live Twice', 'The Spy Who Loved Me', 'Tomorrow Never Dies') when it feels like he has another "buddy cop" agent to fight along side, instead of just being alone as usual.  There can't be any romance with her because of continuity with the other films being carried over.
[+] 1 user Likes TM2YC's post
(09-08-2020, 03:21 PM)TM2YC Wrote:
(09-08-2020, 02:33 PM)Driver Wrote: Really hope this movie ends Daniel Craig's run on a good note, unlike the mess that was Spectre.  Sick

I hope they leave the attempts at film-to-film story continuity when he leaves to (which is the cause of many of the problems in Spectre).  I say go back to stand-alone Bond adventures and the old take-it-or-leave attitude to series continuity Big Grin .

I hope the Lashana Lynch character is going to be a sidekick for Bond. I like those rare Bond films ('You Only Live Twice', 'The Spy Who Loved Me', 'Tomorrow Never Dies') when it feels like he has another "buddy cop" agent to fight along side, instead of just being alone as usual.  There can't be any romance with her because of continuity with the other films being carried over.

I like continuity-driven stories, when well done, but the Craig ones were pretty much hit with bad planning and bad luck behind the scenes, with Quantum of Solace and Spectre getting the worst of it.

It'll have to depend on how Lashana is written and how well she bounces off of Daniel.
I, too, am growing tired of the so-called cinematic universe. More often than not, it results in more problems than it’s worth. Even the Star Wars OT had to contort itself to make the story work.
(09-08-2020, 03:21 PM)TM2YC Wrote: I hope the Lashana Lynch character is going to be a sidekick for Bond. I like those rare Bond films ('You Only Live Twice', 'The Spy Who Loved Me', 'Tomorrow Never Dies') when it feels like he has another "buddy cop" agent to fight along side, instead of just being alone as usual.  There can't be any romance with her because of continuity with the other films being carried over.

It felt to me more like they were trying for Shia Lebouf's role in the last Indiana Jones film.  Like, here's a younger take on the same character (Bond in this case) that is now set up to be the heir apparent if this goes well, allowing the old favorite to retire in peace.  Didn't work that well for Crystal Skull...
Webmaster for www.nottheacademy.com, Movie Articles, Lists, and Reviews...Come join us!
Delayed again.