• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope: Custom Special Edition:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope: Custom Special Edition:

Well, color me impressed: after HAL9000's tour-de-force on the Prequels (they are my go-to versions), he gets closer to my ideal of A New Hope than any other version I've seen.

It's always a treat to see an edit that's a labor of love, especially when it's a film you yourself love too.

There are lots of big-picture improvements to be found here: the color looks soooo much better than the blu-ray, Han shoots first, the weakest Special Edition CGI creatures are gone, and more. HAL9000 achieves this result while standing on the shoulders of giants, and combines their efforts to create a whole that is even better than their parts.

But what speaks most to the love invested in this edit are small details. The Cantina Band that is subtly heard outside the cantina. Luke calling Wedge instead of Biggs. The dual language track to give viewers their choice of Obi-Wan's line "Your father wanted..." or "I wanted...".

Does this replace all other versions for me? No, but it is at the top of the list.

P.S. For anyone who wants the subtitles to match Obi-Wan saying "Your father..." instead of "I...", PM me for the updated .srt file.

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/star-wars-episode-iv-a-new-hope-custom-special-edition/discussions/10719/

Top Bottom