• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Game Show King

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 stars

• 8 stars

• 7 stars

• 6 stars (average)

• 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.

Adabisi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Original film name: Confessions of a Dangerous Mind
New film name: The Game Show King
Original runtime: 116 mins
New runtime: 115 mins
Amount of time Cut/Added: 9 mins added; 10 mins removed

The intention of this fanedit:
To remove the documentary style interviews and incorporate some of the deleted scenes.

Cuts removed/added/extended:
-Added some title cards at the beginning
-Moved the audio from Chuck Barris' (the real one) interview from the ending to the beginning
-removed the scene with Penny visiting Chuck at the hotel and replaced it with the deleted scene "Chuck and the Bellboy"
-inserted the extended/alternate scenes "Day of the Dead Parade", "The Killing of Renda" and "Flexner's Head Explodes" in place of the original scenes
-added a musical score to the "Day of the Dead Parade" and "The Killing of Renda" scenes from the OST
-removed all of the documentary-style interview segments

Additional Comment:
I'm a huge Charlie Kaufman fan so I didn't want to mess with this too much. I never liked the interview segments - they should've been left in the bonus features - and I really liked some of the deleted scenes. Nothing too drastic, but a preferred version of the movie, for me at least.

I tried my best to clean up the deleted scenes with vdub. They don't look perfect, but they're as good as I could get them.

Time needed for the edition: about a week

700mb xvid and SL NTSC 5.1 DD DVD versions available via RS.

TheGameShowKing3DCover.jpg

Maybe downloadable from Fanedit.info

sweet, I really enjoyed the original version of this film so I'll be sure to check this out soon.

I too have always been a fan of the original. Maybe this will keep me from having to do an extended edit someday. Will there be a DVD version of this?

stomachworm said:
Will there be a DVD version of this?

Probably not. I had a lot of problems authoring which I think stemmed from the insertion of the deleted scenes. I don't think there will be a very high demand for this one in any case.

what problems were you having?
what are you using to edit/author?
perhaps we can offer you some help to at least create a minimalistic DVD release (?) because while I'll take an AVI if thats all I can get, I would prefer a DVD for sure.

The biggest problem was Tmpgenc creating dark grey letterbox bars at the top and bottom instead of black ones through the whole film. It bothered me so much that I preferred the xvid to the DVD. I have no idea why it did that because it never happened before. The only thing I can think of is the insertion of the deleted scenes.

Because it's an edit that's not likely to have huge appeal anyway, people who wouldn't consider downloading the full DVD might give the xvid a shot, so I think I'll just leave it as is.

SL NTSC 5.1 DD DVD version now available via RS.

Back
Top Bottom