• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

BSG--Daybreak--SERIES FINALE

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
By the Gods! That was utterly brilliant!

One of the most satisfying series endings I have seen in a long, long time.

Only one tiny little thing sort of bugged me, but only in the most minor way. The chosen time period they found Earth in..... it would have been more in keeping with the old BSG ancient astronaut links if they came to Earth 10 to 15 thousand years ago, instead of 150,000 years. No way to have influenced the Toltecs, or build Atlantis, that far back. But it is a totally minor quibble.

I thought the finale hit all the right notes. The epic against the odds attack on the Cylon base, the bittersweet goodbye between Apollo and Starbuck, and all the stuff between Adama and Roslin, especially the end, brought tears to my eyes.

An absolutely fantastic series. It will be missed.

So Say We All. :)

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So say we all.

Rare is the TV show that satisfies me so fully from go to woah. I don't think I ever saw an episode I would have rated below an 8.

And yeah...the finale. Wow. I'm not ashamed to admit I was moved to tears more than once. Bill and Laura's last flight in the Raptor hit me right between the eyes.

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was a little dissatisfied. I thought we might get a few more answers than that. You know, what really are the final five...why was there a temple devoted to them some 1000 years before they were there.

[spoiler:1bcxn1bi]So what is Starbuck? An angel? In the same way that 'in your head' Caprica and Baltar are? Are they all angels?

I thought it was cool that 'Earth' turned out not to be this planet after all and they just named this one after it. Oh and Hera is Eve! So we're all human/cylon![/spoiler:1bcxn1bi]

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I agree that there were a few plot points that I would have liked to see explained further but It was a great ending nonetheless.
Very moving and thought provoking. At least there will be more in the way of "the plan" and probably more mini series' events in the future.

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
For the record, it was a cool ending. I'm pretty gutted that BSG has ended. I really loved the writing, direction and intenseness of the entire series. Ironically the realism of the series just drew me in and certainly in the last 10 episodes I kept checking the clock hoping for just a few minutes more of BSG.

I'm hoping that Caprica will follow suit.....

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The preview I saw for Caprica looked like a step in the wrong direction, but, Eric Stoltz can act so I'll reserve judgment for now. "The Plan" miniseries or movie or whatever that is looks like a safe bet though. Even though the main series is over, I hope they keep the BSG fires lit even if its a direct to DVD path like Futurama.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I might be in the minority here, but I think Scifi should take advantage of the current interest in BSG and use it to greenlight a TV movie or mini-series starring Richard Hatch and Dirk Benedict and wrap up the original series. Maybe do a version of either Hatch's "Second Coming" concept or the aborted Bryan Singer project.

Roy Batty

Reaction score
Trophy Points
awesome series im gutted it's over..no more Caprica/No6 :-( quite afew unanswered questions too...great battle with the centurions would loved to have seen more of that throughout the series

ps anyone want to see updated versions of Land of the Giants,UFO,Time Tunnel?

joebshmoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
wow... somehow i managed to see this without someone spoiling it (accidentally even) - i've been catching up to the series since december - so i've seen all of the episodes in the last 4 months, LOL

i think it was a great show, but it had a lot of weak episodes and plot holes (some of which have been brought up...). i am all for sci-fi (huge nerd), but i dislike how BSG forces you to suspend disbelief SO often. i mean... every once in a while is fine, but this was happening continuously...

i'm glad they wrapped up the show - it was a good ending. they could have been a little more creative with things, though. it felt like the last 9 episodes before the finale could have been condensed into 1 or 2 episodes.

a fanedit of BSG could be epic.

eldiablosuizo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A fan-edit of BSG would definitely be epic, but I don't know if EVERYTHING from those last 10 or so episodes could be condensed into three episodes. There's such a wealth of information in every single episode and so many plot threads...definitely not like the first season and a half.

And, of course, it's not really the series finale, what with The Plan...

Top Bottom