• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Humble Bundle: Books

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This humble bundle might be worth a shot for faneditors.  Look out for The Book of Audacity, Blender Masterclass, and The Book of GIMP.  And there's plenty there for anyone who's into (or curious about) FOSS.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've spent a few years reading through 117 episodes of the famous Lone Wolf & Cub manga (across 10 omnibus volumes, or 24 books) and just as Ogami Itto has finally met Lord Retsudo in one-on-one combat, I discover that the last books are long out of print and practically impossible to acquire for sane prices :mad: .

Then today, I notice Humble Bundle is offering the entire series (and just about everything else by the writer) in digital format (seemingly DRM free to own forever) for less than it might cost to buy a single physical book. Hurray!

Nothing to do with fanediting, except we do have a brilliant Lone Wolf & Cub fanedit on ifdb:

If you don't mind reading comics digitally, like Samurai movies/stories and have an interest in Japanese culture/history then I can't recommend this enough.

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nice! I've recently been rewatching the film's and was planning on reading the manga afterwards only to discover it was wildly expensive due to many volumes being out of print.

Top Bottom