• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Richard Stanley is back! (Color out of space, 2020)

Dawnrazor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Love to see it!
I'm Big fan of Hardware and Dust Devil
it's great to have Richard Stanley Back in the Director chair!

Plissken1138

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dawnrazor said:
Love to see it!

if you haven't already, check this one out :)

Dawnrazor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Plissken1138 said:
Dawnrazor said:
Love to see it!

if you haven't already, check this one out :)

Thanks! Yes it’s awesome
It’s a Shame he got fired from that movie
It could be great film if they had followed Richard Stanley’s vision

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That doc is one of the all time films-about-films IMO. You've both convinced me that today is the day to crack open my Dust Devil blu-ray boxset which has been sitting in the cellophane too long.

Dawnrazor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
That doc is one of the all time films-about-films IMO. You've both convinced me that today is the day to crack open my Dust Devil blu-ray boxset which has been sitting in the cellophane too long.

The Dust Devil Box is Stunning!
Opened mine a year ago.
Dust Devil is such a beautiful film.

Hope Richard Stanley Will make more films in the future.
There’s talks about that he Will make another HP Lovecraft movie ”The Dunwich Horror” With the same production team SpectreVision.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dust Devil (1992)
This film was very hard to get hold of when I first read about it (out of print and expensive), barely released in theaters and cut down by the notorious Weinsteins at the time, thankfully Richard Stanley's restored "Final Cut" is now available on blu-ray (along with two other versions). Stanley casts an intoxicating spell of Gothic violence, poetry and desert mysticism. There is no denying the atmosphere and visuals but the two guys playing the drifter/killer/demon of the title and the cop on his trail could have been better but it was nice to see Teela from 'Masters of the Universe' in something else.

With the release of 'Color Out of Space', does Richard Stanley hold the new record for the longest gap between Directing feature films, 27-years (1992-2019)? George Lucas only managed 22-years and Terrence Malick only 20.

Dawnrazor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
Dust Devil (1992)
This film was very hard to get hold of when I first read about it (out of print and expensive), barely released in theaters and cut down by the notorious Weinsteins at the time, thankfully Richard Stanley's restored "Final Cut" is now available on blu-ray (along with two other versions). Stanley casts an intoxicating spell of Gothic violence, poetry and desert mysticism. There is no denying the atmosphere and visuals
but the two guys playing the drifter/killer/demon of the title and the cop on his trail could have been better but it was nice to see Teela from 'Masters of the Universe' in something else.

With the release of 'Color Out of Space', does Richard Stanley hold the new record for the longest gap between Directing feature films, 27-years (1992-2019)? George Lucas only managed 22-years and Terrence Malick only 20.

27 years must be some kind of record!
Hope It won’t take that long for him to make the next film.
If it Will be The Dunwich Horror or something else

I have heard the he hasn’t given up the idea of making his version of The Island of Dr.Moreau
But now as a Tv mini series.

Dawnrazor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Great News!
Richard Stanley is making a Lovecraft Trilogy.
He’s directing the Dunwich Horror next for SpectreVision.
It’s great to have Richard back after all these years.

Plissken1138

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Visionary auteur film director Richard Stanley is on the slab for this episode of POST MORTEM! He and Mick discuss his fascinating career, including his rise to fame with HARDWARE (1990), difficulties on set of THE ISLAND OF DR. MOREAU (1996) and triumphant return with COLOR OUT OF SPACE (2020).

ApplePodcasts
Audioboom

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm confused, is there something related to fanediting here?

If not I'll move this thread to the movies subforum.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:
I'm confused, is there something related to fanediting here?

If not I'll move this thread to the movies subforum.

Good call. It's moved.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
From a few days ago...Stanley picking his fav blu-rays from Severin films in his unique way :) :

I've only seen Blood on Satan's Claw and Horror Express but the others sound interesting.

Dawnrazor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nice Selection!
I have seen all films except for
Santa Sangre and VIY!
Most check them out too!

Horror Express on Blu-Ray!
I need to upgrade now!

Plissken1138

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The man is a treasure. I've been reading again recently about possible adaptation of newly found longer version of "Who goes there" titled "Frozen hell" and thinking would they have Stanley at the helm and would he accept if offered. That's a movie I'd like to see!

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

Plissken1138

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^^his mic set awfully, irritatingly low. but he took 'em for a spin couple times for sure :D

Plissken1138

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Richard Stanley's Super 8 "Hardware" [RARE] | Famous First Films

Famous First Films, a YT channel that compiles first works of bunch of famous directors. A treasure trove!

Top Bottom