• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Army of Darkness – Primitive Screwhead Edition:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Army of Darkness – Primitive Screwhead Edition:

When I first saw this in the theater, I hadn’t seen the series and didn’t get it. I later went back and watched The Evil Dead and Evil Dead II and became a fan. The slapsticky moments that turned me off are still in this cut of the Primitive Screwhead Edition (it really goes over the top at the windmill) but I can now enjoy it for being the delicious cheese that it is. Not really scary, but Raimi is a master of creating tension, and some of the deleted scenes here add to that. A lot of the special effects are really obvious by today’s standards and don’t hold up, but Bruce Campbell remains glorious.

There are 3 cuts assembled for this one fan-edit! I watched the "Overdose" edition that has the alternate ending, which is pretty sweet. The army of the dead and Evil Ash weren't as threatening as I remembered, and the ending of this really becomes quite cheesy (it's pretty much downhill from the Necronomicon sequence) but it's a fun popcorn watch nonetheless. Ridgeshark's editing does improve the film I believe, helping to flesh it out a bit more, although I wish something could be done about the very obvious difference in visual quality from some of the sources. This assemblage generally cuts out things that you won't miss and includes nice bits to fill out the story, so I can heartily recommend it. I'll edit this review as I watch the 2 other cuts available on the "disc", but I believe they are only small differences.

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/army-of-darkness-primitive-screwhead-edition/discussions/10621/

Top Bottom