If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Software to clean up VHS 'hissing'
Hi guys,

I'm using audio from a ropey old VHS for two small lines of dialogue for my Star Trek: The Menagerie Extended Edition edit. These are from Roddenberry's black and white workprint which has only been released in its entirety on a Portugese video.

Is there any free and easy to use software that may at least filter out the worst of the typical VHS hissing? I have audacity, but that appears to be pretty basic.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers,

Jon
Not free, but I think there is a free trial for Goldwave that has a hiss removal feature.
[+] 1 user Likes musiced921's post
(10-22-2019, 10:39 AM)The Warlord Wrote: Hi guys,

I'm using audio from a ropey old VHS for two small lines of dialogue for my Star Trek: The Menagerie Extended Edition edit. These are from Roddenberry's black and white workprint which has only been released in its entirety on a Portugese video.

Is there any free and easy to use software that may at least filter out the worst of the typical VHS hissing? I have audacity, but that appears to be pretty basic.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers,

Jon

(10-22-2019, 04:23 PM)musiced921 Wrote: Not free, but I think there is a free trial for Goldwave that has a hiss removal feature.

Thanks!