If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

2020 Movies
and the first box office bomb of 2020 will be...

It was going by the more adventurous sounding 'The Voyage of Doctor Dolittle'.  They've gone with the proven "Quick make the title more bland, vague and less memorable" approach from 'John Carter of Mars' Big Grin . It's "undergone 21 days of reshoots following poor test screenings", was moved forward from May to April to avoid Marvel and now moved back to January 2020 to avoid Star Wars, which all speaks to the confidence the studio has in it. Luckily they've only spent in excess of $175 million on the film Wink .
My two favorite moments from The Rise of Skywalker Wink

[+] 1 user Likes DigModiFicaTion's post
Is it just me, or does the year ahead look strikingly light on major films? Bond is a maybe at best, Black Widow seems like an unnecessary prequel for a character who's never been that interesting, The Eternals is a complete question mark, and Wonder Woman 1984 is a weird-looking follow-up to a mediocre origin story. This leaves us with no major Avenger-related flicks, no Star Trek or Wars, Spielberg offering a West Side Story remake for some reason, Avatar 2 still a year away... Kenneth Branagh's Orient Express/Poirot sequel Death on the Nile sounds like one of the year's more exciting offerings, for Pete's sake! At least I've got the US streaming release of the Shaun the Sheep sequel to look forward to... :p
(12-23-2019, 03:02 AM)Gaith Wrote: Is it just me, or does the year ahead look strikingly light on major films? Bond is a maybe at best, Black Widow seems like an unnecessary prequel for a character who's never been that interesting, The Eternals is a complete question mark, and Wonder Woman 1984 is a weird-looking follow-up to a mediocre origin story. This leaves us with no major Avenger-related flicks, no Star Trek or Wars, Spielberg offering a West Side Story remake for some reason, Avatar 2 still a year away... Kenneth Branagh's Orient Express/Poirot sequel Death on the Nile sounds like one of the year's more exciting offerings, for Pete's sake! At least I've got the US streaming release of the Shaun the Sheep sequel to look forward to... :p

I’m not a huge Nolan fan as I feel his stories progress more like a Rube Goldberg machine than any organic story and character development but I admit to looking forward to Tenet, though I’ve yet to see a trailer or any plot information. I’m also looking forward to Villeneuve’s Dune, though cautiously. I did like his Blade Runner much more than I was expecting to. Beyond that, I feel like the majority of my favorite movies every year are the ones I only heard about right before release. I can’t remember the last tent pole that cracked my top five.
The movies I'm looking forward to seeing this year are
Feb 7    Birds of Prey
Apr 3    New Mutants (maybe?)
Apr 8    No Time to Die
May 1    Black Widow
May 15  A Quiet Place 2
Jun 5    Wonder Woman 1984
Jul 10   Ghostbusters: Afterlife
Jul 17   Tenet & Bob's Burgers
Jul 31    Morbius
Nov 6    Eternals

I'm not convinced any of these are actually going to be good, but they should all be fun.
Bill & Ted? or will that be 2021?
(12-25-2019, 07:31 PM)Omaru1982 Wrote: Bill & Ted? or will that be 2021?

Bill & Ted Face The Music
Opens - August 21, 2020
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this forum post do not represent the views of Fanedit.org or the Administrators. 
If Snyder's Army of the Dead ends up coming out next year, then I'm super excited for that. Last I checked, it doesn't have a confirmed release date yet though.
Mega Man is best game.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this forum post do not represent the views of Fanedit.org or the Administrators. 
[+] 3 users Like Neglify's post
[Image: oqlCVss.gif]
"I live in the Tower of Flints. I am the death-owl."

COMPLETED: IFDB
ITW: The Ledzeppership of The Rings ~ TMWKTM (1956)
IDEAS: Thread ~ B+ Movie Series ~ Anatomy of a Shrinking Man ~ Avatar: TLA (TV-Movie Project)
[+] 2 users Like The Scribbling Man's post