• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

El Camino (Breaking Bad Movie)

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
How has nobody posted anything about this yet, this is gonna be absoloutely flipping brilliant.

'After escaping Jack and his gang, Jesse Pinkman goes on the run from the police and tries to escape his own inner turmoil.'

I will be so disappointed if this is not good

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I really hope it's good. I thought Breaking Bad ended perfectly so I'm kinda nervous to see where they take this, but I'm optimistic considering it's still all the same people behind the camera as well as in front.

ChainsawAsh

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The fact that Better Call Saul is so consistently excellent when it had no right to be any good at all means I'm 100% on board with this.

Shit, I need to finish watching season 4 of BCS...

ChainsawAsh

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So, anyone else watched it yet?

I thoroughly enjoyed it, but don't go into it expecting it to be the best thing ever. It's a nice coda to the series, no more, no less.

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ChainsawAsh said:
So, anyone else watched it yet?

I thoroughly enjoyed it, but don't go into it expecting it to be the best thing ever. It's a nice coda to the series, no more, no less.

I think I'm watching it with my dad later today so im excited to see it.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Watched.

Enjoyed.

This is essentially Jesse's coda.  Or another way of putting it, the final episode of Breaking Bad from Jesse's point of view.
The movie literally picks up from the moment Jesse drives away from Walt.
The story gives us more insight to the trauma Jesse suffered while a prisoner.
It is a good character piece.

Minor nitpick, while the movie picks up instantly from the final episode, in real life much time has passed and most of the actors look older and heavier (especially Todd)... though this is an issue with Better Call Saul too... so it might take a few beats for some  to accept this and go with the flow of the narrative. 

Excellent performance by Aarron Paul.
Recommended.

ChainsawAsh

Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
Minor nitpick, while the movie picks up instantly from the final episode, in real life much time has passed and most of the actors look older and heavier (especially Todd)... though this is an issue with Better Call Saul too... so it might take a few beats for some  to accept this and go with the flow of the narrative.

This is entirely unavoidable and an really weird thing to criticize in my opinion. But given the discussion for this movie everywhere else on the Internet is full of "fat Todd" comments, clearly I'm the only one who's made uncomfortable by people fixating on this as a criticism of the movie.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It’s a fine coda for Jesse. I enjoyed watching it, but it’s totally unnecessary IMO narratively. I didn’t feel like I learned anything new about the Breaking Bad characters nor did I feel the story could stand alone at all. Basically you care about this only if you’re a big fan of Breaking Bad. I’m disappointed not because it isn’t a decent two hours, but because, unlike Better Call Saul, it didn’t really need to exist.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ChainsawAsh said:
bionicbob said:

This is entirely unavoidable and an really weird thing to criticize in my opinion.

Agreed it is unavoidable.  But it is noticeable.  But that is not meant as a detraction.  Just an observation that might take some people off regard.  I mean Aaron Paul is 40.  He clearly does not look 20-something like Jesse is supposed to be.  But his performance is fantastic, so in the end, that is all that really matters.

As I said, a satisfying closing chapter for Jesse.

ChainsawAsh

Reaction score
Trophy Points
True. And sorry if my post came across as attacking your comment, it was meant as me venting my frustration at a lot of the discussion online surrounding the movie for the past day.

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just finished watching this. IT IS BRILLIANT.

I had low and high expectations for this movie, from the reviews i read it was mixed opinions and seeing that it was an 8.1 in its first week of release i was thinking its gonna be good but not brilliant.

BUT I WAS WRONG.

Aaron Paul is amazing in this film, he is amazing at playing the part of Jessie, I really cant see anyone else playing as him in it.
Solid story and some really really good moments in there, the only thing thats kinda a downfall is the ending 
I don't like the part with Jane at the ending i think it should have been left out
But my favourite part through all of it is definitely the western style type scene.

But overall id say no complaints a pretty much perfect movie.

9/10

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Saw it, thought it was decent but I echo Moe's comments on finding it kinda unnecessary. There wasn't much about this that couldn't be inferred from the ending of Felina. Still I liked a lot of the sequences in it, the duel and its use of the 'Chekov's Gun' motif was very nicely done in particular.

I remember a while ago someone posting a tv-to-movie fanedit of Breaking Bad and I wonder how this could be incorporated into it, even as a wee few minute epilogue.

mnkykungfu

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:

Bionicbob, I'm with you, I don't think this is a bad thing to mention.  It's so noticeable with some characters that it took me out of the story.  That's the issue.  It's not only Todd, Mike looks thinner and older, Pete looks anorexic (though you could write that off as him being even more cracked-out), and Jesse looks ...wider in the face?  I mean, aging is unavoidable, but Breaking Bad is the biggest thing to happen to all these guys.  As a director/producer, I would've liked to have seen them control what they could control and get back in the shape they were in for the series.  Actors do this all the time when they make movie sequels, it's pretty par-for-the-course.

One thing nobody has mentioned about this is that it fills in some of the time gaps in the final season of BB.  There were things we never got to see, and I was aware of kind of moving from momentous moment to momentous moment a bit quicker than I would've liked as BB wrapped up.  I very much appreciated the flashbacks in this, despite the body size/aging not matching perfectly.  

For me, this was a nice way to finally be able to say goodbye to the series.  Not "necessary", but very welcome.  Now maybe people will stop bugging Aaron Paul for another season.  :)

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Finally watched this last night!

It was definitely something that is 5 years too late, but overall a great epilogue to the series.  If you loved the characters, then I would call it essential to really feel that definitive ending.  Solid 9/10.

Top Bottom