• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Blu Ray authoring for Mac

RoccondilRinon

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Having completed my first edit, I want to make a proper Blu Ray for it. Well, I've got the design side of the Blu Ray down, but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a single Mac authoring app available that does what I want in terms of translating it into a burnable disc. I've tried Toast, Leawo, DVDFab, none of which have anything like the capabilities I need. Toast doesn't even do subtitles. The only apps that seem to be at all capable are all Windows-only. Can anyone help at all?

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sorry, I don't know much about Mac software but have you looked into monthly subscription services? That way you can get a top level program for less money, if you just need it the once. Adobe Encore?

RoccondilRinon

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Encore isn't available any more, it looks like, at least not without jumping through several dubious hoops. Looks like I've probably got a workaround, though: DVD Styler has the features I want in terms of menus, subtitles, disc structure and so on, and although it ostensibly only authors DVDs, it's able to make a kind of pseudo-DVD with full HD video. Once I have that, there's a little utility called DVDtoBD Express which can process the pseudo-DVD and turn it into a compliant BD. Said utility is Windows-only, but I should be able to borrow someone's PC to do a fairly simple mechanical job like that.

Top Bottom