• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Spider-Man 3.1: The Hybrid Cut:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Spider-Man 3.1: The Hybrid Cut:

A noticeable improvement over the Editor's Cut, but still needs trimming and reordering.
I did not like the Theatrical Cut. Really, really didn't. Only after hearing good things about the Editor's cut two years ago did I give the movie a second chance, and it was much, much better. The addition of the deleted scenes and the reordering of several scenes made the movie much more comprehensible, and Peter's addiction made a lot more sense. However, there were a few scenes missing from it that I remembered vaguely from the TC. And this is where Bobson's Hybrid Cut comes along.
The HC does what it aims to do well - allowing the audience to see the full story by creating the longest possible version of Spider-Man 3. Bobson's editing, as usual, is technically superb. However, the edit doesn't fix the film's major narrative flaws, which is why I deducted a few points. For example, three unrelated villains are introduced in the first 20 minutes by seemingly randomly cutting between them (especially between 8:10 and 17:07). I think the narrative can be much stronger by further reordering several scenes throughout the movie, and hopefully trimming others (e.g., emo Parker).

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/spider-man-3-1-the-hybrid-cut/discussions/10582/

Top Bottom