• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Hobbit: The Anti-Cringe Cut, The:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hobbit: The Anti-Cringe Cut, The:

I watched the Miniseries version of this edit and I must say that DonKamillo you are an absolute genius. Watching in this format allows for the narrative to be restructured entirely by simply adding an intro and an outro. Genius.
I have watched almost all of the edits on this site and I have never found one that left me fully satisfied. Your edit came as close to that as I think I'm going to get without simply making my own; a feat I'm not sure I'm skilled enough to attempt.
Your editing was absolutely superb, there were a few cuts that I wish you hadn't made, and a few I wish you had (the Goblin king song) but overall this is by far my favorite edit.
I think you should explore the idea of making an episode 4.5 that contains the Dor Guldur subplot as an optional episode for those who care about why Gandalf dipped out for half of the series, I've found that to be the most jarring thing in many of the edits on here (and yes I know he does it in the book) so this isn't something I hold against yours.
My biggest complaint, surprisingly, was Azog being 100% gone. I think keeping him in as the orc commander would have been fine, he just doesn't need the back story PJ gave him.
Thanks for hooking me up, I'll be watching this edit for many years to come!

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/hobbit-the-anti-cringe-cut-the/discussions/10579/

Back
Top Bottom