• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Hellblazer:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hellblazer:

I liked the original film, even if it was somewhat Americanised, Constantine, in the comics being a tough, street-wise working class Brit -- part of what makes him stand out from the crowd of more genteel occult detectives, of whom Dr Strange is a modern variant. Plus, I also like Keanu Reeves' pre-John Wick stuff quite a bit, although he's admittedly not the greatest actor in the world: I'd put "Bram Stoker's Dracula," "Johnny Mnemonic," the first "Matrix," and "The Devil's Advocate" on my shelf any day (although I do draw the line at "The Day the Earth Stood Still"!).

So, I watched the "Hellblazer" fanedit more out of interest, rather than due to any disappointment with the original "Constantine." Overall, I thought the fanedit was really great! My only quibble would be the visual quality of the copy I had: perhaps I have been spoiled by Blurays and high quality movies in *.mkv containers, and we sometimes forget how low grade some deleted scenes on DVDs have been, but I was really distracted by the picture quality, which was generally worse than the DVD I have of the film (and moreso in some deleted scenes). I cannot say whether the DVD release by the editor was better than the 1.5 gb *.avi I got, but what I had was quite bad and quite distracting.

In short: loved the edit and would recommend, but wish I saw a higher quality release.

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/hellblazer-remixed-by-jorge/discussions/10571/

Top Bottom