• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

SCREAM 4 — Final Cut **AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST**

thebutcher

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
3ktFH1G.png
STATUS: This edit is available to download upon request. Some people had trouble getting the original file so a smaller one has been created. PM me for more info.

The goal with this edit is to restore a more consistent serious tone throughout, by downplaying some of the humor that falls flat, making characters more likeable and portraying the police of Woodsboro as less childish and incompetent. In addition, some deleted scenes are reinstated and many moments are trimmed to improve pacing, character development and suspense.

Below is a list of every change I've made, with the ones that I feel would be spoilers blacked out. 

PROLOGUE
- timing of Ghostface jumping out at Trudie changed
- Alternate PPV audio added ("Tru...Oh my god!")
- "Stab 7" title appears differently on-screen
- Jenny’s reference to “The Twilight Zone” removed
- Kristen Bell and Anna Paquin scene only appears on TV, muted
- DELETED SCENE: alternate opening re-edited to have Jenny survive, leading into theatrical garage chase scene
- 3D Ghostface behind “SCREAM 4” title card removed

RETURN TO WOODSBORO
- "Something to Die For" by The Sounds replaced with acoustic version
- shot of Sidney from the trailer added
- continuity error of Gale typing fixed
- DELETED SCENE: Crime Scene
- DELETED SCENE: Jill and Trevor at school
- Perkins' "Damn!" and "Cover up your kid's eyes!" removed
- Gale trying to peek in Sid’s bloody car trunk trimmed

POLICE STATION
- Deputy Judy peeking in interrogation room trimmed
- Rebecca's phone call to Henry removed
- music during Gale and Rebecca's conversation lowered
- Rebecca's "Testy!" removed
- DELETED SCENE: Discussing the murders

ROBERTS RESIDENCE & OLIVIA ATTACK
- DELETED SCENE: Dewey's test
- Kate’s “Oh…well…fine” reaction trimmed
- Ghostface’s “It will be” removed
- bystander's "You're just like your mother" replaced by "Stay out of our town"
- DELETED SCENE: Kate outside Olivia’s house

HOSPITAL & PARKING GARAGE
- DELETED SCENE: Gale on the trail
- Rebecca's "downtrodden fucks" speech trimmed
- Rebecca in elevator removed
- door handle breaking removed, Rebecca's death scene trimmed
- Gale's "Out of my way amateurs!" removed

CINEMA CLUB & STAB-A-THON
- alternate PPV audio added (curfew announcement)
- Charlie's "You pretty much have to be gay" removed
- Gale's "I really want the location" removed
- Jill's "That's the view from my cell" removed
- Gale's "Go ahead if you have the guts!" from trailer added
- Dewey's "Get out of the way you morons" removed

SIDNEY ATTACKED
- Perkins getting startled at nothing removed
- Perkins getting stabbed in the head trimmed, “Shit” and "Fuck Bruce Willis!" removed
- frames of Ghostface at the Roberts door trimmed

KIRBY’S AFTERPARTY & CLIMAX
- Hicks’s phone call to Dewey trimmed
- DELETED SCENE: Robbie around Kirby's house
- Robbie's "I'm gay!...If it helps" removed, death scene trimmed to hide CGI blood
- frames of Sidney at Kirby’s door trimmed
- Jill's "Shut up…dick" trimmed
- Trevor and Jill's exchange "I loved you!"/"Shut the fuck up already!" removed
- Jill cartoonishly running head first in a picture frame removed
- film ends after Dewey tells Jill that Sid might survive
- "Bad Karma" by Ida Maria replaced with "Red Right Hand" by Arctic Monkeys

EPILOGUE
- cliffhanger resolved after end credits
- alternate PPV audio added (hospital announcement)
- DELETED SCENE: Dewey visits Gale at the hospital
- Jill's "Get your skinny ass out here" removed
- Jill's "Clear?" removed
- Deputy Hicks fainting removed

Short WiP clip of Sidney coming home:

This sounds great....but i will definitely have to polish up on Scream 4 again as i haven't seen it since it first came out

LastSurvivor said:
This sounds great....but i will definitely have to polish up on Scream 4 again as i haven't seen it since it first came out

You should hold off until I release my edit then!

Here's another preview, this time of Rebecca's death scene. I always felt that the door handle breaking was a cop-out so I got rid of that moment. I also trimmed and re-ordered some shots to make her stabbing more sudden. I will also tweak or remove her ADR gasp; it sounds fake in the movie and even moreso in this edit. Let me know what you think!

This edit is now 98% complete and the only thing remaining is stitching together the two openings. It's a challenge since Jenny (Aimee Teegarden) gets undoubtedly killed in front of Marnie (Britt Robertson) in the alternate opening, yet I want her be mostly unharmed and then chased up the stairs later.

In the meantime, here are some comparisons of the color correction made to the alternate scene to match the surrounding movie:
http://www.framecompare.com/screenshotcomparison/DWWLWNNX
http://www.framecompare.com/screenshotcomparison/J00B1NNU

Here are some Before/After comparisons of the cropping I did to hide Rebecca's arm holding the door handle. 

http://www.framecompare.com/screenshotcomparison/DWWLLNNX
http://www.framecompare.com/screenshotcomparison/DWWL7NNX
http://www.framecompare.com/screenshotcomparison/J00BFNNU

And what the scene looks like in its final form: 

I'm looking for a release date somewhere between the 19th and the 26th of October, perfect for revisiting the movie for your Halloween rewatch!

Like I mentioned above, I am stitching the two openings together, which means that Jenny does not get killed in front of Marnie. She escapes upstairs while Marnie gets killed, at which point Ghostface chases her back into the garage.

The transition between the two is very tricky to pull off so I need your help for the first part, which is Marnie's initial reaction. Here are 3 options, some slower and more suspenseful, others more sudden and to the point. Let me know which one you think works best!

thebutcher said:
Like I mentioned above, I am stitching the two openings together, which means that Jenny does not get killed in front of Marnie. She escapes upstairs while Marnie gets killed, at which point Ghostface chases her back into the garage.

The transition between the two is very tricky to pull off so I need your help for the first part, which is Marnie's initial reaction. Here are 3 options, some slower and more suspenseful, others more sudden and to the point. Let me know which one you think works best!

I would say, the third one.

Neglify said:
Definitely the third one.

Yeah that was the first one I tried. I was playing around some more and came up with the other two, but I think keeping it simple is the way to go.

I'm so excited for this edit, I love scream 4. I don't know why people say it is the lowest point in the scream franchise.

When this is done I am 100 percent pming you for a link

SonofSinbad said:
I'm so excited for this edit, I love scream 4. I don't know why people say it is the lowest point in the scream franchise.

Sounds good! As far as opinions on Scream 4 go, I think the tide turned in the last few years. I see many lists and rankings placing it above Scream 3 and even Scream 2.

thebutcher said:
SonofSinbad said:

Sounds good! As far as opinions on Scream 4 go, I think the tide turned in the last few years. I see many lists and rankings placing it above Scream 3 and even Scream 2.

Scream 2 is bad.....

SonofSinbad said:
thebutcher said:
SonofSinbad said:

Scream 2 is bad.....

See that seems like a new opinion to me. I remember people arguing it was better than the original, or at least very close, back in the early 2000s.

My vote is on nr 3!

The Edit sounds/looks great!

Missed my deadline as the editing of the new opening sequence involves quite a bit of visual touch-ups. Basically, since Jenny is no longer stabbed in the back by Ghostface, I had to remove every drop of blood from the scene (but I'm only erasing the blood on Ghostface's mask up until he slashes Marnie on the arm since it's now motivated)

http://www.framecompare.com/screenshotcomparison/DW6KGNNX
http://www.framecompare.com/screenshotcomparison/J0MFMNNU
http://www.framecompare.com/screenshotcomparison/J0MFCNNU

One of the shots I'm most proud of is this one, where I repurposed a later shot of Jenny crawling away and integrated her into the living room, thus making the transition to he running away to the front door.

http://www.framecompare.com/screenshotcomparison/J0MF1NNU

It's a lot of painstaking work but I'm realizing that my idea of joining the 2 opening scenes couldn't be done without it so hopefully, it will look seamless enough. Let me know your thoughts!

Here is my attempt at a poster for your edit I am so excited for.

Scream 4 Final Cut Poster

Scream-4-Final-Cut-Poster.png

The new opening scene is now completed, which means that my FanEdit is also finished! By far the hardest thing I've ever had to edit, there are countless visual tweaks and effects, as well as new audio and SFX to achieve the transition between the two vastly different openings.

I would love some last minute feedback on the combined openings before I render the final movie so if anyone wants to check it out, let me know!

Loved the new opening! Can't wait to see it.  :) . Maybe a stab sound effect when Marnie gets stabbed to help bridge the two. The music transition is perfect. I just think the effect would help.

Back
Top Bottom