• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Movies that don't quite live up to their amazing Soundtracks

Showing my age but everyone I knew had the Singles soundtrack growing up. Can’t remember one line or scene from it.

(And I loved Say Anything and Almost Famous.)

Cutthroat Island fits this thread perfectly!

I feel like time has been a little bit kinder to it with some of the campy humor.  I had been working on an edit of this movie purely out of motivation from the stellar soundtrack.  John Debney's score pays such homage to the amazing swashbuckling scores of Erich Korngold.  Give a listen to the opening track:

I love the buildup around 3:42 where it feels like it's leading to the ending and then around 4:06 it goes in a different direction and gives me chills.

TM2YC said:
'Masters of the Universe' is of course one the best films ever made but since nobody else seems prepared to admit that I guess it qualifies as terrible. The shameless Superman ripoff score is a treat:

I listen to the special 2 CD soundtrack release more often than I care to admit.  I'm always wondering if there's a superhero or scifi adventure I could reuse this score for.  I used to keep the VHS cued up to the very end just to listen to the music buildup into the credits.

musiced921 said:
I listen to the special 2 CD soundtrack release more often than I care to admit.  I'm always wondering if there's a superhero or scifi adventure I could reuse this score for.  

1980's Flash Gordon?  Replace the Queen score, make it black and white and BOOM!!! FLASH GORDON LIVES!
:D

Replace the Superman the Movie score with the Masters of the Universe score, just as a jokey expirement.

I just realized, I have Superman on dvd only, but Masters of the Universe on Bluray. Weird priorities.

THE PUNISHER (2004)
An AMAZING score by Carlo Siiotto!!!!  Haunting, almost spaghetti western.
I actually really like this movie.  My favourite Punisher film.  The only thing that stops it from being perfect is the location.
Miami????

....of spaghetti western style scores...
Lone Wolf McQuade by Francesco De Masi

Back
Top Bottom