• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Batman & Robin: A Different Lens:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Batman & Robin: A Different Lens:

This fanfix does about much fixing as is possible for a pretty weak movie. Removing the poor efforts at being camp, which mostly came across as ham acting rather than anything clever, the slapstick, the puns, the bickering, whiny Robin and the endless crotch shots, the film becomes watchable. You end up with an okay film suited for a juvenile audience, once the worst dross stripped away. No longer an agony to watch; nothing spectacular, but by no means awful.

I can't rate my enjoyment higher than I have, but that is not the editor's fault, given what s/he had to work on.

I only have a few quibbles: it would have been nice to lose Robin shouting "Cowabunga!," and the nonsense about Alfred looking for his brother who works for an Indian maharajah who apparently travels on an elephant, although I am sure there were good reasons for keeping both in.

Technically the edit is great, and (bar CGI to remove Batman's silver codpiece in his costume in the third act), I really can't see what could be improved.

Thank you for doing this job.

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/batman-and-robin-a-different-lens/discussions/10545/

Top Bottom