• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Frank Henenlotter is Back!

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Remember Basket Case?

Remember Frankenhooker?

Remember Brain Damage?

Well good ol' Frank is back at it again and after 16 years of not doing very much he is back with his new Comedy Horror.

Bad Biology http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0974977/

Review taken from IMDb

"I was born with seven clits." That's all the real info about this movie you're going to find in this review. That is the opening line in Frank Henenlotter's long awaited return to film making. With a script by R.A. Thorburn, this film is all kinds of twisted, and if you're a fan of either artist's work, you're going to have a good time. This is the kind of movie that you're going to watch, and realize you'll never see anything like it again. It's that unique, and that makes it a hard film not to like.

Shot on 35mm, the film looks fantastic. With a location in a 23 room mansion in Brooklyn that once belonged to cult figure Father Divine, this film's aesthetics will not disappoint. And with appearances by some of hip hop's most talented artists, this film hits on so many levels. The soundtrack, put together by Prince Paul, complements the way the film was shot, these elements create a style of horror that I honestly have not really seen much of, well save "Leprechaun in the Hood," or its disappointing sequel "Leprechaun : Back 2 tha Hood." That's a reference to a series that Gabe Bartalos did some great work for that seemed appropriate, but in reality, it's in a league of it's own, and I should feel ashamed for comparing it to those two films in any way, shape, or form.

The special effects from Gabe Bartalos are going to leave a mark on you, possibly making you feel like you need to take a cold shower when you get home. But, while you are under that cold water, you'll realize this movie will not leave your head. It will invade you much like something you'll see in a pretty ridiculous, in a good way, montage, you'll know what I mean when you see it. Speaking of which, I don't know when it will be released, but when it is, I would suggest seeking this film out. I think this film has earned my 10, and I think you'll find yourself wanting to see it again, and again, simply put, a modern day cult classic.

---

I honestly cant wait til this turns up on DVD. it looks like 'Teeth' turned up to the now legendary 11!

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
that sounds pretty rad!

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
seven clits.... lol. how can anyone not hit the mark then? :razz:

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
indeed! it would make our job as blokes so much easier... ;)

Top Bottom