• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Riddick III

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
In an interview discussing the upcoming Riddick game "Assault on Dark Athena" Vin mentions that a 3rd Riddick film is "underway" and we should hear more around the time of the games release (mid April)
Personally I love both films and the Riddick universe and really hope this comes to fruition. There have been alot of rumors ever since tCoR was released and I hope this time its true.

[url=http://www.gamespot.com/news/...w.gamespot.com/news/blogs/prev ... ks;title;1[/url]

GS: The current state of a third movie in the Riddick series seems a little uncertain to the casual fan right now. How does that affect the writing and story explored in the new Dark Athena content? Does it sort of give you guys more room to explore this fiction, or does that change anything about how you've approached this game?

VD: Good question. Maybe we're too tight-lipped about the next Chronicles of Riddick film, and I think circa the release of [Dark Athena] that's probably when you'll start hearing more about the next Riddick film. It is underway and I almost think it's a coincidence that we haven't heard anything, that there hasn't been a lot of public stuff on the Riddick movie.

But it's interesting that you've made that comment. Maybe we've been too tight-lipped about the movie, and you'll probably hear a lot more about it as this game is released. I think we were so adamant about knocking this game out of the park that we've been doing a lot of late hours--the overtime's on the game at the moment while [Pitch Black and The Chronicles of Riddick screenwriter] David Twohy is finishing up the next script.

Ghostcut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm looking forward to the game. Vin Diesel is a huge RPG nut and I'm sure he wouldn't let them release a bad game.
The Riddick film series needs another one at least for closure.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Escape from Butcher Bay was fantastic. I have high hopes for Assault...

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
more "details" abound...

http://scifiwire.com/2009/03/vin-diesel-offers-new-det.php

Vin Diesel revealed a few details to SCI FI Wire about a proposed third film in the Chronicles of Riddick series, which he confirmed is in the works.

David Twohy—who wrote and directed the previous two films, Pitch Black and The Chronicles of Riddick—is currently writing the third installment, Diesel said in a conference call last week to promote his upcoming game, The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena.

"We're going to find Riddick alone for the first part of the movie, barely alive, surrounded by carnivorous monsters who are trying to eat him," Diesel said in response to a question from SCI FI Wire. "So you'll see a futuristic Rambo-esque Riddick trying to survive."

Diesel added: "David Twohy is scripting the next installment of Riddick as we speak, and it's underway. The story will return to a Pitch Black [sensibility] while servicing the mythology that's been enhanced in Chronicles of Riddick."

It's a bit of surprise to hear that a third installment is in the works, given the critical and box-office drubbing the second film received. But Diesel remains enthusiastic. "It's so cool, this movie, I feel like I'm going to do it a disservice by trying to touch on it, but the answer is yes, we are working very hard on getting this next Riddick installment," he said. "You know how much I love this franchise and how dear it is to me, and you know how committed David Twohy has been to this franchise."

Juk

Reaction score
Trophy Points
awesome, I can't wait. I loved Butcher Bay too. Though I still think "Chronicles" could use some editing work. There's tons of extras on the DVD and I think the original could cut out some of the story to pick up the pace a little.

Thanks for posting the info!

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Twohy talks Riddick 3 -

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=11267

"I've sketched out two ideas for the next installment," he told us during the exclusive interview. "Vin and I have decided on one approach of those two, and there's some interest at the studio level but it would be as a PG-13 film, and we don't want to do that anymore. That's one of the concessions we thought we made with 'Riddick' that we shouldn't have made. We also spent too much money and we were too ambitions, so yes, if we do go back to a third one, it will be focused again, hopefully again the same way that 'Pitch Black' was, and we'll spend less money doing it. We're just trying to figure out how much less we can do it for, because I don't think Vin is going to work for scale again."

"The third movie would be more modestly-scaled and it would probably feel more like 'Pitch Black' then 'Chronicles'," he continued. "It will always be Riddick-centric. If the question is whether it will be more like the first one than the second one, the difference is that yeah, you can sell it on its creatures and say 'This is a creature fest and we're going to go out as us vs. the creatures' but that's like a lot of different movies. However, the hallmark of a good movie, and I think 'Pitch Black' is a good movie, is that even if you took the creatures out of the picture, you'd still have some pretty interesting character dynamics going on within that group, and it's almost like you can tell the same story without the creature or substitute some other external pressure on the group, because there were internal pressures as well that were interesting. So was it really a creature feature? It had the hallmarks of it, the trappings of a creature movie, but it also had pretty good characters."

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
certainly looks like an interesting project, thanks for posting elbarto.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
minor news - concept art/sketch.
riddick202.jpg

Though billed as a back-to-basics approach to the character popularized by Diesel, the script for RIDDICK features the character -- the most wanted man in the galaxy -- left for dead on a barren alien planet, dealing with "trisons" (three-legged bisons) and "mud demons." He must then contend with two squads of bounty hunters, one of which ride rockets called jetcycles.
http://www.joblo.com/arrow/index.php?id=21565

dork313

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I love the Riddick universe as well and looking forward to another movie. Thanks for posting the info.

havok1977

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Awesome news, the project seems to be getting the traction to move forward...

Taken from http://geeksofdoom.com/2011/08/10/vin-diesels-lastest-riddick-adventure-begins-casting

Riddick is being financed independently and just recently the film began casting for the crucial supporting roles. Anne McCarthy, the casting director on the first two Riddick movies among many others, will be overseeing the casting once again. At the moment they’re working on casting four roles: Boss Johns, who according to a spoiler-laden script review over at Moviehole is the father of the cold-blooded bounty hunter who met a violent end played by Cole Hauser in Pitch Black; Santana, Johns’ vicious, machete-wielding subordinate; Dahl, a sexy female Merc (mercenary); and Krone, described as a “smug commander.”

The plot of Riddick will find the titular criminal once more on the run from mercenaries who want the hefty reward his hide will bring who once again ends up on a planet teeming with unfriendly alien beasts. The beginning of the story will likely tie into the ending of Chronicles and feature cameos from characters who have appeared in the previous films.

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've been a big fan of both Pitch Black and Chronicles, no matter how different the first was to the latter.
Personally, an ideal mix of both would suit Riddick III best. The overall scale of tCoR was indeed far too big.

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
"The Final Stand of Riddick"? This better wind up in Riddick IV, because with a story similar to Pitch Black, I wouldn't mind! :)

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I sure hope this gets finished, its been too damn long since we saw the Riddick kicking ass.

bondukkevin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I love Pitch black and COR so hope "Riddick" or "Dead Man Stalking" does get finished and gets released within the next year or so. IMO Vin was born to play this role. Love the 2 video games too.

Top Bottom