• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

RoboCop: TV Edit HD Restoration:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
RoboCop: TV Edit HD Restoration:

For most kids growing up in the early 90s, this mad hatchet-job was their first introduction to Paul Verhoeven's violent masterpiece; and I'm very pleased to say that the editor has done a masterful job at recreating it in all its ridiculous glory. Whilst not at all impressed at the time, it was such a pleasure to revisit the bad dubbing, censored violence and alternate scenes, which made this version the legend that it has rightly become. The overdubs are pretty much exactly as I remember them from the ITV version and include everything from the hilariously bad "why me" to the obviously inserted "airhead" which became the nadir of bad TV censorship. The cuts for the most part are excellent, there are one or two places where the soundtrack falters as swearing is either dubbed, or omitted, but it's barely noticeable against the brilliant whole. If you remember this version with fondness (or rage), or even if you just want to laugh at the kind of thing we had to put up with back then, I seriously recommend you give this version a try!

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/robocop-tv-edit-hd-restoration/discussions/10509/

Top Bottom