• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Titanic (Restructured), The:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Titanic (Restructured), The:

While the original film was good, I felt like it was bogged down by too much needless information. Yeah, the original movie edit had the discovery of the Rose drawing and we see that hey, Rose is an old woman so she had to survive. I also liked that this edit removed the OldRose Narration, especially the line about "the slave ship taking me back to America in chains" which I have always found cringe-ey as heck. The deleted scenes added a lot more to the story, and I liked the inclusion of the 2012 TV show. While I reallllyyy didnt like that series from a narration standpoint, it did have some great scenes.

My only critique on an otherwise great edit is the very end. Rose finds the heart of the ocean in her pocket (per usual) and it fades to the (heaven?) scene where Rose and Jack meet up with the rest of the crew and kiss. Then it flashes to Old Rose throwing the diamond into the ocean. I feel like it might have been better to have Rose finding the diamond, show her on the boat, throwing it off, and then dying in her sleep and going to Jack. Other than that part that confused me, it was perfect.

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/titanic-restructured-the/discussions/10494/

Top Bottom