• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2: Pruned Edition:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2: Pruned Edition:

I'm a huge Guardians of the Galaxy fan. I thoroughly enjoyed Vol. 2 in theaters, but after watching it at home I felt like Gunn just went a little overboard in parts.

At first I was annoyed by the lack of a detailed cutlist for this edit, but I decided to give it (along with a few other MCU edits) a chance in the lead-up to Endgame. And I feel like this is the highest praise I can ever give a fan edit of a movie I've seen in its theatrical form many times:

I didn't notice 95% of what was missing.

That's right. This edit is a full 16 minutes shorter and other than the pre-credits sequence and a couple of jokes here and there, I didn't even notice, and I fell in love with the film just the same way I did when I saw it in theaters the first time.

As with several edits in recent years, I wish it was available in a larger, higher-bitrate file, but beyond that, this will probably be the only version I watch from now on.

https://ifdb.fanedit.org/guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2-pruned-edition/discussions/10488/

Top Bottom